Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Blade holder set screw

Quote Originally Posted by BlessedWrath View Post
    If you do grind down a set screw, make sure to use proper safety precautions. There was...an incident. I won't go into detail here, but suffice it to say that even a set screw can cause some pretty serious damage if thrown by a power tool. I'd use an aggressive metal file to remove most of the material, then follow it with a fine metal file for finishing.
    You'd be better off not messing around with it unless you really know what you are doing. The extra 1/8" max won't kill you (or anyone else).
    Last edited by Forgetful Jedi Knight; 11-28-2012 at 03:02 PM.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by forgetful jedi knight View Post
    The extra 1/8" max won't kill you (or anyone else).
    Unless you don't know what you're doing, right? ^_^

Unless you don't know what you're doing, right? ^_^
    Well, that and make sure you have your medical insurance paid up.

If you do grind down a set screw, make sure to use proper safety precautions. There was...an incident. I won't go into detail here, but suffice it to say that even a set screw can cause some pretty serious damage if thrown by a power tool.
    Yeah, I know a couple of people who have done something like that. One was even awarded the "Purple Saber Heart".
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com