Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Despair - First Saber

Not at all. As long as you have the proper wiring and protection pcb they'll be fine. Almost all my sabers have two of them. You must have got something mixed up somewhere. There used to be issues with the ultrasound boards and heat regulation depending on the LED you're running but not with any of the plecter labs products.

It's not recommended to use trustfire cells for in hilt charging since they have built in pcbs. You only need one pcb per pack. You can but you run the risk of one failing or them not draining and charging at the same rate and loosing runtime. Been there.
    Last edited by Crystal Chambers; 11-09-2012 at 10:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Chambers View Post
    Not at all. As long as you have the proper wiring and protection pcb they'll be fine. Almost all my sabers have two of them. You must have got something mixed up somewhere. There used to be issues with the ultrasound boards and heat regulation depending on the LED you're running but not with any of the plecter labs products.

It's not recommended to use trustfire cells for in hilt charging since they have built in pcbs. You only need one pcb per pack. You can but you run the risk of one failing or them not draining and charging at the same rate and loosing runtime. Been there.
    Hmmm good to know! I do have a Kill Switch wired, but I have this http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/MH...lder-P766.aspx and it says: not for use with a recharge port setup... (Also, it takes a lot of space, next time i'm gonna go without it)
    Last edited by IvPalmer; 11-09-2012 at 11:09 AM.

Very good. It turned out well. Yeah, you can't use a recharge port with that. You would have to lose that and get a rechargeable pack, which would mean re-working the internals a bit. CC may not have realized what setup you had in side this saber.

CC, and I (and I'll throw SS in here as well) are more use to working with more advanced setups. I'm glad to see you have the switch ring figured out.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Finished the weathering, I think it looks better!

Only "problem" right now is I don't know if I can apply paint to the switches.. they would look nice in black, but i'm not sure how i'd cover the LED ring

Some more pictures

IMG_6647.jpg IMG_6648.jpg IMG_6649.jpg IMG_6650.jpg IMG_6651.jpg

I'll try to add some wiring pics later, my wiring is reeeally messy, nobody should follow it hahah

Thanks for the compliments again guys, i'm really happy with the result
    Last edited by IvPalmer; 11-12-2012 at 04:16 PM.

That's actually some of the better weathering I've ever seen.
    "Bacon and cheese>squeezed lemon." - FenderBender
    "But, ya know...rules are made to be broken." - Yoshi-Taka
    LDM's Recipe For Noobs. Totally Worth The Read.

some of the better? come on man that is awesome ;D
    awesome looking saber man, prettty much exactly what uliqorras would look like if he was from star wars and not bleach ;D (for those who have no Idea what im talking about Uliquorria(I cant remember spelling)is a character from bleach and is supposed to represent despair;D and hes awesome see here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmBfm2zzs6c)