Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Using 7.4v 14500 pack with NB v1

Quote Originally Posted by FenderBender View Post
    So.....let me get this straight. You got lazy, didn't want to do things "the right way", got pissy when people called you on it, blamed a board you've never worked with by branding it "fragile" and "not user friendly" because in the manual, the creator puts in recommendations to try and limit the amount of borked boards, and decided to take your red ball and go home? Really? I think your time spent away from a forum full of people who 'do' is a double edged sword in this case. My recommendation is to calm down, don't take things that personally (it's the FREAKIN' INTERNET FOR CRIPES SAKES!) and just spend a little bit of time to do things right and you'll be rewarded. Otherwise, you can go spend the same if not more money on an inferior product that has the same requirements (just, THEY don't tell you about them....ignorance is bliss I guess), and end up with a 'meh' result.
    Ahhh Fender Bender, wise words friend.

I have only this to say to you

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Good to see you have an open mind and are willing to accept some constructive criticism. At least your response was original.....[\sarcasm]

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

Quote Originally Posted by FenderBender View Post
    Good to see you have an open mind and are willing to accept some constructive criticism. At least your response was original.....[\sarcasm]
    Agreed, I foresee he'll go far with that attitude.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Yes, because what I have posted on this thread clearly defines my character as a whole

Quote Originally Posted by jmPlagueis View Post
    Yes, because what I have posted on this thread clearly defines my character as a whole
    I don't know about the "character as a whole" part, but you're doing a job of "defining yourself" within the community so far.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

That's too bad

I guess Ill just have to stick with the community that I am actually established and have high credibility in. Amazing how I can be a Knight Commander there and be considered a "noob" here.

None of us are going to leave with the impression that you're a nice guy after how disrespectful you have been over this whole thread. You're rude. We offered our advice, (even professional advice from Tim and Fender) and you acted like it was the products fault you can't use a rubber band and a paper clip to make it work with your current solution. If you don't think a header friendly board is user friendly, fine. If you don't want to take every chance to make your parts secure, fine. If you don't want to invest in standard electronic equipment for this hobby, fine. just remember:

"if you choose the quick and easy path, as Vader did, you will become an agent of evil.

Don't tell people who tell you not to take shortcuts to **** themselves. It's just silly. You look sillier than Hayden Christensen's head copy/pasted onto Sebastian Shaw's body at the end of ROTJ special edition.

A title does not equal experience "Knight Commander", "Master Force User" or whatever just means you are a prolific poster. And to answer your statement about being a "Knight Commander" vs. a "noob", it's not that amazing at all, and you're not referring to a community (as a whole) it's a forum, just one of several.

As for being considered a "noob"... now that I know exactly who you are, I know you're not a "noob" at all.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by forgetful jedi knight View Post
    A title does not equal experience "Knight Commander", "Master Force User" or whatever just means you are a prolific poster. And to answer your statement about being a "Knight Commander" vs. a "noob", it's not that amazing at all, and you're not referring to a community (as a whole) it's a forum, just one of several.

As for being considered a "noob"... now that I know exactly who you are, I know you're not a "noob" at all.
    I suppose I should have chosen a different screen name for this forum, and yes I personally feel that they are two separate communities, that is just how I feel. This hobby and it's all followers are what's supposed to be the community, but there is an obvious divide, making it two separate communities in my mind. Certain members of SaberForum are on here as well and are active in this community also, so good for them.

I, however, cannot bring myself to be a neutralist in this matter. what is done is done.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Just so that we're clear that no one was trying to flame you. There is a problem in any hobby that has an internet based community. This problem is that when bad info is posted, it creates a slew of problems with new people who are learning. You've been in the community for a while. I didn't know who you were until just now. You should know this by now, especially since you had wanted to be a MOD of another forum. It is the responsibility of those who have the knowledge and experience to properly guide those who come after them so then THEY can in turn guide others. If someone learns something by hearsay and its WRONG, and then passes it on, who does that benefit? If we start things, by showing the absolute best and right way to do something, no matter how tedious, doesn't that mean that even if someone takes a short cut here and there they have a solid foundation of skills and methods to build from? You have been around long enough to have benefited from others' experiences, both good and bad. You posted a thread asking how to do something the wrong way.

Who does it benefit if we all support that or "just let it go"? It doesn't benefit the new guy, just getting here all excited with his first order looking for guidance on how to solder it all up. It doesn't benefit those who haven't even joined the forum yet who are just lurking and reading preparing for the first build to unleash on the world.

It doesn't even benefit you.

Please don't blame others for trying to show you the right way to do things, and please don't blame a well designed, well made, inanimate product for poor decisions. I would say if you have a group of people that make you feel good about doing things the wrong way, and you're okay with that....by all means. But I doubt any forum in this community that has members with experience and knowledge from DOING, would support the proliferation of bad information just to make a member feel good about it.

I know what you're going to school for, and I have a lot of respect for that path. How do you think you'll fare in that chosen career if you don't follow proper protocols, or use the right formulas? Or invest in your field with the "right equipment"? Somehow, I think you'll find it necessary to listen to those in that field with more experience, no?
    Last edited by FenderBender; 10-14-2012 at 11:08 PM.

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS