Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The Nano Biscotti Beta test Saber

Quote Originally Posted by FenderBender View Post
    Even without it, all the pads are on the front of the board all in a row. It took me literally 10 minutes to heat up the iron, solder it in, and turn everything off to play. Easy peasy, bacon cheesy.
    Sounds like Plecter Labs' response to the Neutrino: easy to soldier and use, but with the customization of soundfonts. I like that idea 100%. My only concern is a switch: what kind does it take, latching or momentary?

Also now I want bacon. =|

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Not a response to the Neutrino at all. Just a response to the needs of the Market. The Crystal Shard was commissioned well over a year ago, and this board is just a natural progression of that. Also, the Neutrino isn't really small, its actually slightly bigger than a PC 2.0....yeah.

This board takes ONLY momentary switches. No latching at all.

Bacon for president!

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

I was going to say that the NB seems to be a mass market version of the CS (mostly), which was bound to happen eventually.

Bacon & Cheese 2012!
    "Bacon and cheese>squeezed lemon." - FenderBender
    "But, ya know...rules are made to be broken." - Yoshi-Taka
    LDM's Recipe For Noobs. Totally Worth The Read.

Addendum: it sounds similar to, but better than, the Neutrino. I like the idea of simplicity but custom fonts. And that it's run by momentary switches makes it even better, if you ask me.

wow, the bladeholder with those brass "inlays" looks amazing.
    am I allowed to ask how you mounted them?

Lmfao.

Anywho, when this board is released I am picking at LEAST one, regardless of my budget for the week. These seem perfect for a few projects Ive had in mind for a long time.

Gorgeous conversion! Yes, it does sound exciting! I have a Katana hilt ready to go sitting here collecting dust that I tried to cram a PC1.6 into and had a saber spawned in the nether regions of hell with the lack of space in that hilt (it seems like you say often..shoot, if i only had another 1/4 to 1/2" in space!!!)
    I think I might order up 2 or 3 when these come out!

My name is BW, and I approve this message.

Now let me get this straight, i thought that u cannot change fonts on the NB (did'nt see an sd slot), but u can on the CS...hence the sd slot. If im wrong please correct.
    "A foolish man fights a fight he'll lose, and lose foolishly".

Quote Originally Posted by shmoetech View Post
    Now let me get this straight, i thought that u cannot change fonts on the NB (did'nt see an sd slot), but u can on the CS...hence the sd slot. If im wrong please correct.
    You can change the fonts, the NB just doesn't use all of them IIRC.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com