Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Lightsaber Help on some questions, LONG PARTS LIST

Quote Originally Posted by forgetful jedi knight View Post
    First things first. Download the PC 2.0 manual, and read it over - several times. It basically explains all the configuration settings, and how to wire it up, etc. etc. As for the PLI, you may want to save that for down the road. One of the biggest mistakes noobs tend to make is to try to run before they can even walk.
    I have had the pc manual, i over looked this subject, Im guessing its pre set to do this on its own but is needed to be activated with rice? I don't have that on my pc diagram i could place it on but will need to find a place to put it on the saber itself, or i could just change the box.

Edit: Found out the unit is wired to the back of the pc unit it is similar to the recharge port 3 prongs RICE.jpg

I found this too im guessing its the same on PC2 as it was for PC 1.6
    http://www.plecterlabs.com/Media/Doc...on_R.I.C.E.pdf
    Last edited by FireBlaze97; 09-24-2012 at 09:19 PM.

You don't need RICE to have those features. RICE just makes it easier to change the configuration of the PC, instead of constantly opening the saber and removing the SD card, making changes, putting it back and closing the saber back up.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

You don't need RICE to have those features. RICE just makes it easier to change the configuration of the PC, instead of constantly opening the saber and removing the SD card, making changes, putting it back and closing the saber back up.
    Yea but I have no problem adding it to my saber, i don't really want to open it over and over again. The chassis isn't for viewing to be honest. It will be clean and strong wiring however.
    Last edited by FireBlaze97; 09-26-2012 at 03:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FireBlaze97 View Post
    Yea but I have no problem adding it to my saber, i don't really want to open it over and over again. The chassis isn't for viewing to be honest. It will be clean and strong wiring however.
    You'll find that the more you add, the more wiring there is, and your hilt wasn't all that big to start with. Plan well. Just saying.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

You'll find that the more you add, the more wiring there is, and your hilt wasn't all that big to start with. Plan well. Just saying.
    Yup if got a rendering of how this will all fit, it will be snug. I'm hoping with the chassis it will work if not I have extra parts to work with and make everything fit.

Sonds like it's time to get busy building. Good Luck.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

Sonds like it's time to get busy building. Good Luck.
    Yup iv got the items in my cart and will begin with the ordering process soon, and thanks i will need it for my first try at this. Now all it needs is a name hmmmm
    Last edited by FireBlaze97; 09-26-2012 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FireBlaze97 View Post
    Yup iv got the items in my cart and will begin with the ordering process soon, and thanks i will need it for my first try at this. Now all it needs is a name hmmmm
    Deliver the baby first, then you can name it.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

Deliver the baby first, then you can name it.
    OK so i changed the bottom half of the saber because of fitting issues. I will have fun cramming this into a 12 inch long tube about 8 or 9 of that is useful but it looks like everything will fit, i scaled this photoshop rendering as close as i could make it. The cut out ports i will have covered so that you cant view whats inside, its only there for the internal led (i didnt place it in the rendering but it is in there)

What is the best soldering iron? Price range about $50 for one.

Lightsaber internals.jpg
    Last edited by FireBlaze97; 09-27-2012 at 12:41 AM.

It's hard to go wrong with a Weller soldering iron. Just be sure you have one with a fine tip for those delicate spots.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!