Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Novasound Neutrino Soundboard Components Help?

Cool Novasound Neutrino Soundboard Components Help?

Hello All, Yes I am a complete noob so please forgive me for this message.

I have decided to make my own Saber and have got all my hilt sorted and also have the soundboard, A Novasound Nuetrino, It was given to me by a friend as he ordered one and received two However me and him are stumped on what batteries we need, speaker and also LED.

I have these so far? Any ideas, Soundboard Spec is Below:

Rebel Star Pre-Wired LED & MHS Heatsink Module, In Green
    4AAA battery holder and speaker assembly. This has the Premium Speaker Attached on TCSS
    SPST Latching green ring Illuminated switch - This has this info on it and not sure where to put resister etc, have no idea, i can solder but my electrical mind isn't good with resistors etc...

Here is the soundboard spec and pic

Technical Specifications:

Dimensions: 1.850" x 0.875" x 0.1875" / (47.0 mm x 22.2 mm x 4.7mm )
    Power In (VIN Recommended): 4.0V to 7.6 V @ 1.5A (MAX LED).
    Power In (VIN Absolute Minimum): 2.6V (May be insufficient for certain LEDs)
    Power In (VIN Absolute Max): 9.0V
    Current Consumption (In Shut-Down Mode): 1.8 mA (70 days for 2AA batteries)
    Variably controlled high-power LED regulator
    Operation Control Switch: Momentary SPST Recommended
    Single switch used for on/off control, and voice menu navigation.
    High performance Triple Axis Accelerometer accurately and rapidly measures motion pattern in 3D space.
    Preloaded sounds – Digital volume control, 22kHz – 8bit
    Speaker: 1.5 watt at 8 ohm (MAX)
    Smooth Fade On and Fade Off of LED – Controlled synchronously with ignition and retraction sounds.
    Supports 5 LED Intensity Levels
    5 LED Flicker Rates
    5 Impact Sensitivity Levels
    5 Motion Sensitivity Levels
    Settings saved in internal non-volatile RAM. (Does not require battery to maintain settings)
    MEMs Accelerometer measurements and mathematical integration are made 120 times per second for very short response delay and high accuracy.
    8 Solder Points (2 for power, 2 for LED, 2 for Speaker, and 2 for Switch) – Same as NovaSound 3.0.

neutrino_wiring.jpg

Any help yu can give i would be mostly appreciated.

Many Thanks & May The Force Be With You

DarkMagiK

From your own post:
    Power In (VIN Recommended): 4.0V to 7.6 V @ 1.5A (MAX LED).
    Power In (VIN Absolute Minimum): 2.6V (May be insufficient for certain LEDs)
    Power In (VIN Absolute Max): 9.0V

Speaker: 1.5 watt at 8 ohm (MAX)

You may want to peruse some of the stickies all the information you seek is in stickied posts. You have the information you need already. You just need to do some research so you understand it.
    Last edited by Zzan; 09-17-2012 at 10:05 AM.

Hi and thanks for adding your post. Sorry I ask but what do you mean by stickies. I have tried searching the forum and it keeps coming up that it couldn't find anything. Maybe I am doing something wrong?

your not going to find anything about you board on this forum, but wiring led and battery packs you will. if u go to forums and scroll down you should start to find what your looking for.
    "A foolish man fights a fight he'll lose, and lose foolishly".

Your 4AAA battery pack will be just fine to power the neutrino. Makes sure you're putting more then 2.6 volts or less the 9 volts into the board. You're 4AAA puts out 6v.

Any speaker will be fine, just be careful not to cross the wires, you can blow out the amp on that board easily.

If you have any other questions, feel free to message me or post it here.

Welcome to the forum DarkMagiK!

I'll add my voice to what these other guys have said already. Also, I noticed you listed a latching switch, but i'm fairly certain that the Novasound Neutrino boards only work with momentary switches (someone with more experience with neutrinos please correct me if i'm wrong) because you'll need to hold the button down to deactivate the saber and also to activate the control menu when the saber is already turned off.
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

You are going to need a Momentary switch as stated. I would also HIGHLY recommend going with a Li-Ion battery solution...

Smile Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Master Taka View Post
    You are going to need a Momentary switch as stated. I would also HIGHLY recommend going with a Li-Ion battery solution...
    Thank you to all replies, Ok about the momentary switch, but the li-Ion i am not sure how to do the recharge point etc, will see if i can find it on the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagiK View Post
    Thank you to all replies, Ok about the momentary switch, but the li-Ion i am not sure how to do the recharge point etc, will see if i can find it on the forum.
    sORRY FORGOT TO SAY IF I WENT FOR Li-Ion WOULD 7.4V BE TOO MUCH, ALSO WHAT RESISTER WOULD I NEED FOR A SMALL MOMENTARY SWITCH?

7.4v is under the 9v max so you should be good, although i've heard that it's possible to burn out the LED if you continue to use it at max brightness intensity so you might want to be careful - guess it depends on how intensely you plan on using your saber. I'm using 4.8v (4aaa NiMH batteries) in my one Neutrino build so i've never had to worry about it, although on the flip-side, the batteries don't last very long.
    You can use any switch listed as "momentary", even the AV illuminated ones: http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Switches-C23.aspx
    You won't need a resistor for wiring the switch itself, but for the LED in the switch (if you choose to go that way) it will depend on your battery solution and the color of the LED. Use the "LED resistor chart" link on the homepage to find out what you need.
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------