Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Making my CW Luminara sink tube saber work....help needed

Default Making my CW Luminara sink tube saber work....help needed

I have finished making a CW Luminara saber, from a sink tube. Actually, my dad gave me a urinal tube, so the size maybe a little different than a normal tube.
    I know I need a power supply, switch, LED and stuff that makes it work, blade and blade holder and little screws as I don't want to have a big visible thumb screw.

But I don't know how to start..............

I figured out how to build the hilt...with a little help But have no real clue about the electronics.....

Thanks for any advise.

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ke-a-LED-saber
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...istor-variant)
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...kpuck-variant)

Read through those, they're a good tutorial for building a basic saber. Some of the specific parts listed may be a bit out of date, but the instructions are still pretty much spot on.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Just a heads up since you are new, it will literally take you weeks worth of reading to fully grasp how everything works and exactly what you need to do to acomplish what you want to build. So, don't get discouraged, read alot, use the search, and use google. Hang in there till its done, show us your progress. If you get hung up on something just ask for help, but try to find the answers on your own first, because almost any question has already been answered here somewhere. Do you have a picture of your hilt by the way?

I figured I would start by buying a longer blade...I have a saber already and wanted a longer blade. However I'm now looking for a part to attach the blade to the sink tube and I'm not seeing any for 1 inch tubes. Am I looking in the wrong place? I looked under Sink Tubes and Misc

You are looking for something like this:

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/MH...pter-P396.aspx

TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Size matters in the saber world. You made it from a 1" tube? Some basic information that we will need to be able to help you is: Internal Diameter of the tube, external diameter of the tube and overall length of the tube.

@FJK- not if she used a 1" OD tube.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dottore Matto View Post
    Size matters in the saber world. You made it from a 1" tube? Some basic information that we will need to be able to help you is: Internal Diameter of the tube, external diameter of the tube and overall length of the tube.

@FJK- not if she used a 1" OD tube.
    OK, I missed that. My bad.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

my saber
    Attachment 7861
    ID seems to be around 1 1/4 in of the sink tube.

The OD of the saber blade I have is 1 in

Hilt so far looks like this....
    Attachment 7862

Her saber looks very much like a Maul saber...with the blade coming out the opposite side his does.

Quote Originally Posted by rebelgirl View Post
    my saber
    Attachment 7861
    ID seems to be around 1 1/4 in of the sink tube.

The OD of the saber blade I have is 1 in

Hilt so far looks like this....
    Attachment 7862

Her saber looks very much like a Maul saber...with the blade coming out the opposite side his does.
    OK, the links don't work, does the blade currently fit inside your sink tube with room to spare?
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

Council Member
    Jedi Master

The attachments aren't working for me. You should sign up for a Photobucket.com account. It's free, and is a great way to share all of those awesome pics you're going to take of all the sabers you're going to build

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS