Thread: Good wiring diagrams for a NOOB!?

Default Good wiring diagrams for a NOOB!?

Hey y'all! I'm building my first saber, and it's going to be a little complex. Here's what I'll be using (all from TCSS):

Petit crouton 2.0 (pre-wired from TCSS)
    2x illuminated anti vandals (maybe only 1 illuminated if I get confused)
    7.4v rechargeable li-ion pack
    Speaker
    R.i.c.e. port
    Recharge port (canon 2.1?)

Does anybody have links to (or pictures of) some good wiring diagrams that I can take a look at? I've seen many on here, but alot of them are a little hard for me to understand at this point. anything helps!!
    Thanks!

Your best bet would to be look up each individual piece and see how each is wired. There are several good diagrams in the PC 2.0 documentation. You may have to amend the base diagrams with what you want to do, but it is do-able. There are several diagrams as you have said and seen. You will just have to read and search around. If you have a specific question, try searching first, and then if you still have a specific question, then ask. Most of what you seek has been covered (probably many times) so searching (and reading) is the best advice I can give you. Check out the links at the bottom of LDM's post (see attached and read through all of them.

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...-Era-by-LDM-GG
    Last edited by Forgetful Jedi Knight; 08-25-2012 at 05:49 PM.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Before getting into tutorials from the forum, look at the manual of the petit crouton. You have detailed and easy wiring diagrams of what you want. A main switch, an auxiliary switch (be carefull to use adecuate latching or momentary), the battery pack, the speaker, etc... You even got details about how to wire the recharge port. If you don't have the manual, look for the store's pc description. Good luck
    Last edited by Vlad Doon; 08-29-2012 at 01:54 AM.

Much appreciated guys! I've gone through the manual several times, looked at many more posts, and feel quite silly now. Even though it's a complex first build, it's rather straightforward. I got ahead of myself and was overwhelmed by the sheer magnitude of possibilities. The info was all around me. Now I'm just waiting for it all to come in the mail. Just got an email saying its all been shipped. Have to hand it to Tim, had to have a part custom machined and STILL turn-around was just a couple days. Now that's quality customer service! Now to just wait patiently and PRETEND that I don't feel like a kid on Christmas morning!!!