Thread: Well hello there

Default Well hello there

Hello fellow Star Wars fans (I guess),

My name is Alwin, I'm 21 and from the Netherlands.
    I have been a Star Wars fan as long as I can remember and have always dreamed of having my own lightsaber. After years I'm finally gonna make my dream come true.
    I have read a lot of stuff on the forum already, watched a few youtube videos and have already learned a bunch of stuff, enough to build a simple saber at least. But for my first saber I'm thinking a bit more difficult. And I need to, since shipping costs for me a freaking expansive XD
    I have also posted a thread regarding my own saber and build, asking for help in there so I won't go on about it in this post.
    If everything goes according to plan and I have (successfully) build my first saber, I'm thinking about making it bigger and start building saber for sales, selling custom sabers in the Netherlands to Star Wars fans here.
    Well, thats all about me I guess. If you have questions or anything else, please leave them in the comments or send me a direct message!

Welcome... and prepare to burn up a lot of money in the process
    lol
    Honey, you've been looking for love in Alderaan places!

thnx, and i was already afraid that was gonna happen

Welcome to the forum. This is a hobby where you will spend money, on tools, parts, more tools and more parts, etc. etc. Good Luck!
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Welcome As the two above said you Will spend money. A lot or a little is up to you and how you want your first few builds to work out As well you should check out the gallery for ideas. Lots of good pics in there. You may find one or two of mine, and one or a few of FJK and EP's hilts as well.
    Its an addictive hobby. NOT because you spend lots of money (true you will.....you will ) its more the satisfaction of building a piece of the SW universe, holding it in your hand and saying "MINE, I built this...."
    More important, start small, work your way up. No pressure to fall in line with all the big names do your thing. What ever your skill level. If there is no "skill level" to be had, you'll get it. Read, read read
    But most of all have fun
    Again welcome aboard.

Welcome to the forums. This is a really great hobby for any Star Wars fan, i am sure you will enjoy it as much as the rest of us do.
    "If you are to truly understand, then you will need the contrast, not adherence to a single ideal."

I'm already having a lot of fun just looking through the shop, searching for the items I like, thinking about my internal design (as I'm gonna use an AV switch on my first build).
    If everything goes well and the first blade is a success, maybe I even sell it and buy part for a new one.
    Since most people in Holland don't like to buy stuff out of America, maybe the will sell it from me

Welcome!
    Enjoy working on your first blade then, take your time to plan, and yes it's great fun
    Clicky Sig =>