Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Making my CW Luminara sink tube saber work....help needed

Nice work so far!

OK, now we have something to work with. Now that I have seen the saber, where are the areas where you can take it apart?

Is it 1 1/8" diameter all the way through the hilt?

As for the blade, you may need to have a small ring made that will fit around a 1" blade, but will be 1 1/8" in outer diameter, so it can slip into the emitter end of the hilt, and can be held in place by a set screw or two.
    Last edited by Forgetful Jedi Knight; 10-23-2012 at 05:23 PM.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

The hilt is the same diameter all the way through. It gets a little smaller toward the end where the gold parts are. that end comes off to change out power supply/batteries.

The more shiny parts towards where the blade will go is just slid ontop of the tube.

Might some o-rings work to make the blade fit or does it need to be attached to the blade holder and hilt?
    How do I know the blade attachment will fit the sink tube?

If you are going to swing the hilt around at all, it should be secured, just for safety's sake.

A 1" blade will fit in the tube based on your measurements, the problem is there is too much room, so you would need to have an adapter made to put on the base of your blade, or the base of your saber, this way it would be secure. The rest is doable, you just have to find a good PVC tube to slide inside the existing tube to make some type of PVC chassis.

Do you have a Dremel?
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

So I would have to have a custom blade holder as my sink tube is a different size from parts listed on this site? correct. Or am I reading this wrong

yes..I have a dremel. And am getting better at using it. I dont have all the attachments for it ....yet
    Last edited by rebelgirl; 10-23-2012 at 08:07 PM.

Pretty much, since it seems that your sink tube is not the standard size we are use to seeing. It's not a big deal. It could even be made of PVC, it would just need to have an inside diameter of 1" and an outside diameter of 1 1/8" and be about 2" long.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

Council Member
    Sith Lord

You could request the Strydur just turn this down to 1 1/8" OD: http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/12...der--P269.aspx

1 1/4" BH + Custom work fee = Problem solved.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

If you can get an accurate measurement then LDMs suggestion is the best IMO. This will save you from trying find ways to mount your LED, lens and heatsink. Though you might want to measure the ID with a caliper preferably digital. You may need to have the 1 1/4"BH turned down a hair more then the ID of your hilt too. Tell stryder the ID you need it to fit in and he should be able to give you a good fit.

Thanks for all the advise. I think they have a digital caliper at work...or used to...so I just need to find where it went and use that to get a good measurement. Then on to the electronics!