Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sith Acolyte Saber

Default Sith Acolyte Saber

Hi guys.

I'm currently in the process of putting together aSith Acolyte costume from the TOR trailers.

I'm trying to get a maker in the US to ship me a very accurate hilt, but in incase he won't I'm researching making one from MHS parts. I have a few rough 'mock-ups' done, but thought I'd ask you guys ( with more experience ) what modular parts you would suggest to build a saber that looks as close to the one below as possible.

Regards

Darren

Hi,

IMO these parts can do the trick :

Blade holder style 1
    Choke style 1 short
    4 inches deep grooved double female ext plus a 2" double female ext or a 7" fluted main body
    Pommel style 6 or 7, with D-ring insert 12
    Overlay sleeve to cut the part over the emitter
    and the red switch...

...or if you some more accurate hilt, you can go for blank parts and ask Tim to machine them to look like the acolyte hilt.

Good luck

Never even considered the D ring connector ( good call Vlad ).

The only problem's I can see is that the grooved grip needs to be narrower than the piece before the choke and the saber needs to be about 13" long.

This is where that sleeve material comes in handy again. A little bit in the right places gives it the right topography. For the rear grip, I recommend a blank extension with some custom lines traced into it, and some custom work by Tim to achieve the smoothness of the pommel in your pic.

With un-modified MHS parts, I think this is what you're looking for:

sith acolyte.jpg

And minor work could be done to achieve the desired shapes. This is 12.64 inches.

Jedi Padawan
    Jedi Padawan

Here's my hat in the ring:

You can have Tim turn down the Style 3 Blanks and machine the grooves. Choke 2 gives you that flat shoulder and I used the AV Switch as that would be the less intrusive switch to use IMO. You could easily change the Red Acetal Screw to a Set Screw then modify a red switch from Radio Shack for cosmetic Activation Switch.

Knowledge must be balanced by Practice.
    Practice must be balanced by Experience.
    Through Knowledge, Practice, and Experience
    we gain Wisdom.

-Boj-Vaati Mau
    Jedi Sentinel, Jar'Kai practitioner,
    and Instctor at Strafe Plains Temple

Saber Guild: Strafe Plains Temple
    The Rebel Legion

Way to upstage me Boj! ;P

That's pretty much exactly what I'm looking for.

Cheers guys.

Okay guys, with your suggestions I have ordered the parts I need, plus I have gotten hold of a Novasound 3.0 controller.

I'll post progress once the lovely goodies all arrive in the post.

Darren
    Last edited by darren1970; 06-07-2012 at 11:11 AM.

Well the goodies arrived in the post today and I am VERY impressed with the parts. They're superb.

Quickly put it together as it arrived. I've got loads of modifications to make to it to get it looking like the acolyte hilt ( it's gonna be a shame to cut into such a gorgeous bit of kit ).

saber 1.jpg

The Novasound 3.0 Dark has arrived at the post office too.
    I'll post some more pics once I start the mods.

Darren

Made a start on modifying the saber hilt this afternoon.

Taped up the long section of the hilt and marked out evenly spaced lines along it.

These were then ( carefully ) cut in with a dremmel rotary tool ( pleased I've got a steady hand ). I then added black paint into the 'grooves' ( this is wet sanded off once dry ).

Repeated the same process for the lines 'around' the thicker part of the hilt. Also gave the whole hilt a rub down with 1500 grit wet+dry paper to give it a more accurate less shiney apearance. Finally I cut and added the emmitter sheath.

Still more to come ( where to locate the switch so that it's the least obvious and the red fake button near the emmiter ).

Darren