Thread: Soundboard and FoC question.

Question Soundboard and FoC question.

Hello TCSS forum and Happy Memorial Day. I have learned that all my remaining saber parts will get here at the end of this week. So I have one last question regarding the PC and FoC. I got the Pre-wired version of the PC since I am using the MWS. I am using the royal blue luxeon rebel that TCSS sells. So my question is, if I wire the board up the way it is supposed to be and everything will my LED flash upon the board sensing a hit? I know it wont flash a different color, but will the LED shimmer and flash a bit when the board detects a clash? I could've swore that I read in my last post that it will. I would be satisfied just with that honestly. I guess a good example would be the cheap hasbro saber flash effect. They don't flash different colors or anything they just flash and shimmer. Am I correct in my assumptions or no? Again I know that the board isn't pre-wired for FoC or maybe I read that wrong too lol. I am just seeking that quick flash or shimmer effect. Thanks!

Yes, The PC will shimmer and do a flash, best part is you can control how much or little of the effect by changing the settings on the SD card. If you haven't already, I would recommend downloading the manual and reading it over a couple of times. One thing though, if you decide to play with the settings, make sure you back up all the original files from the SD to a secure location on your computer. That way if you want to go back to the defaults its a simple matter.

The board doesn't have to be wired for the FoC effect IF you have one LED (like the one you mentioned). The effects you seek can be controlled by adjusting the settings on the PC itself. YOu REALLY should download the manual, if you haven't already and REALLY read through it. It's a long read, but very worth it.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com