Hello everyone. Im working on my first light saber build, and Im trying my best to plan it out as much as possible before I actually begin building.
Im working on making a sith lightsaber. Its inspired by slothfurnace's "Derelict" lightsaber, and Ballistic Jello's "Debris" lightsaber.
Those designs are perfect for my design, because I not the best drawer, nor do I have the money or tools to make it exactly how I imagine it to be.
Starkillers lightsaber from TFU 1 is a perfect and more accurate example, but Im trying to keep this lightsaber between 10 and 12 inches, prefferably at 10". IF possibly, I would like to attempt putting in a crystal chamber, but it is not necessary at all. Just an idea, if my request is possible. I definitely want the button to be inside the hilt, not jutting out. I'll worry about the sounds afterwars, but since Im on that subject, I want the light saber to have a menacing/intimidating power-up sound, with a quick and abrupt power-down sound. the overall humming when moving, I want to sound somewhat rusty, like theres an unstable crystal or the lightsaber crystal was not well-chosen. As for the blade, the brightest red led's I can find. I plan to make it brighter at the base, and slowly lessening in brightness as the tip is reached.

And IF I get a first build completed, I will double this design that I just described, but use a more experienced twist to it, as if the Sith who Im designing it for, has gained knowledge of the force.
(Im working on this all for a movie by the way)

I know this is a lot for someone attempting their first build, but I am very dedicated to this, and I've build some Halo armor in the past, so Im willing to be patient.
And until I deploy, I pretty much have nothing but time.
Any help will be greatly appreciated on this.