Thread: MR FX Anakin aotc won't turn off

Default MR FX Anakin aotc won't turn off

Anakin 2002 EL. I know these were notorious for sound problems. But this doesn't make any sense to me. Regardless of the position of the switch, the saber stays on. The EL will turn on and off with the switch, but that's it. I've found out now the switch only controls movement, clash, and the EL. I dismantled it and physically disconnected the switch from the board. Still stays on. The only way to turn it off is to disconnect the battery leads. But of course there's no ramping sound. Just instantly turns off. Basically, as soon as I connect the battery leads to the board, I get ignition. But stays on indefinitely. Until I disconnect blah blah blah..

What the heck?
    Last edited by Maurnick; 08-11-2011 at 10:21 PM.

well how did the wires/solder joints look this is a old sound board after all it could be a loose connection, mine works fine only thing is(idk if its just mine or not) but when i turn mine off and flip the switch on again befor the off sound is done the blade stays on alone. but that is fixd by turning it on again and off so ni big deal there but yours sounds like a connection problem but i cant be sure cuz i have never taken mine apart.

have a look at the board again and see if anything looks out of place

wish i had an easy answer for ya but maybe some one here will
    Last edited by thejedilestat; 08-11-2011 at 10:53 PM.

"You are a Jedi who never knew what life was until it ran out in a big gush over your lips."

<ARKM> "May you come to the attention of those in authority"

From the looks of everything it's all good. No errant solder touching other leads. I reseated all connections. Gave everything a wiggle and still nothing. I can literally have nothing connected to the board but the speaker. As soon as I connect the battery I get ignition. So it's got to be something with the board and not any other connections. It's almost as if the board got reprogrammed to immediately turn on with the connection of some juice.

By the looks of things, at least part of your switch is working. I'm not too familiar with the 2002 boards but I'd be willing to hazard a guess the switch is some sort of DPDT?
    If so, it could be that one circuit is working, while the other "circuit" in the switch has been damaged somehow. Easy way to test this, work out which wires control the sound, disconnect from switch. If the sound turns off, voila, it's the switch, if that doesn't work the only other thing I can think of is that somehow there is an issue with the microcontroller on the board.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

renexardroma

If you can not solve the problem im willing to buy it from you.

But i hope you can fix it good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Da Rules
    Banned Items:
    Soliciting sales – Sales are not allowed on the forums! Tim does not condone any buying or selling, both publicly and via PMs. Remember, he CAN read all of your private messages. This includes linking to eBay for your own sales (without Tim's approval).
    Please read the rules

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

renexardroma

My bad

Quote Originally Posted by Skottsaber View Post
    I'm not too familiar with the 2002 boards but I'd be willing to hazard a guess the switch is some sort of DPDT?
    It is a DPDT. Even unplugging the switch from the board while it's running doesn't turn it off.

Interesting enough, I've found that if I cross 2 of the wires that aren't supposed to touch (from the switch) for like a microsecond I can get it to ramp down.

So, progress? Or inconvenient solution?

It's looking more and more like the microcontroller