Thread: Random Facts of Star Wars

Jedi_Knight_Zekk

Default Random Facts of Star Wars

Hey all, I thought I'd do a thread devoted to random, commonly unknown, and fantastical facts about the sensation that has gripped the world since 1977! SO, if you know some interesting stuff about Star Wars, particularly the Expanded Universe, feel free to share! I want to learn some new things! I'll start:
    • Shado Vao and Mission Vao are not related.

• Death Watch was a group of Mandalorians, although not "True" mandalorians. In fact, the "True" mandalorians were a group who fought against the Death Watch in a series of battles across the galaxy.

• Jango Fett, supposed Mand'alor during the years before the clone wars, was trained by a "True" mandalorian named Jaster Mereel. His son Boba later became Mand'alor after ROTJ after escaping the Sarlaac

There, now it's your turn!

Oh I'm going to have fun with this.

Let's see. Where do I start?

Darth Malak's real name before turning to the dark side was Alek.

In the Star Wars: The Old Republic opening cinematic, we meet a Jedi by the name of Satele. Her full name is Satele Shan, a decedent of KOTOR's Bastila Shan.

The first Death Star was constructed over the planet Despayre. Once construction had finished, Despayre became the first planet to be destroyed by the battle station's superlaser.

Mustafar used be a very green and fertile world before it became one of lava and ash. It even was home to a Jedi enclave.

Luke and Vader's lightsaber duel on Bespin was not their first. The first two faced each other on the planet Mimban, about a year before the Battle of Hoth. Despite his inexperience with a lightsaber and little knowledge of the Force at this time, he servered Vader's arm and emerged victorious. This was because his movements were guided by the spirit of Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Any questions?
    Last edited by Machinimax; 08-09-2011 at 01:38 PM. Reason: typo

Welcome to saber building. You've taken your first step into a larger world.

"Don't get the idea that your [lightsaber] is a quick little project to be slapped together." - Luke Skywalker

Did you know that the second death star was built in the MAW Cluster outside kessel?

Jedi_Knight_Zekk

Anakin was supposedly concieved purely of the Force by the Mortis family. (Jesus reference)
    Mace Windu was head of the Jedi Order, but rather than give the title to Yoda, he became Head of the Order, while Yoda became Grand Master. Yes, there is a difference.
    Darth Bane was the Sith'ari.
    When Obi-Wan was supposedly dead, Ki-Adi Mundi was technically Anakin's master.