Thread: Though it's been done before, it shall be done again.

Default Though it's been done before, it shall be done again.

I'd like you to close your eyes and think back to a time before the prequels. Remember watching the classic trilogy and thinking to yourself how that galaxy far, far away got to the state it was in, and think about how it was "Before the dark times, before the EMPIRE." Just share how you saw it. Though this has been done before, it shall be done again. I find the people here to be both imaginative and creative, so I'd like to hear your thoughts. How did the prequels happen "before the Prequels?"

Blog Entries

There was a shortage of bacon. The EPC (Empire Pork Company) began to clone pigs. This gave them the most power and wealth in the galaxy. Palpatine offered free bacon to all if he could be their leader. Of course everyone said yes. He then renamed the Republic the Empire. He tried to kill off all of the Jedi (they were really a group of pig farmers) to get rid of any competition. Yoda and Obi-Wan decided to get revenge at any cost and threw a kid named Anikin (he new all of their farmer secrets having tried being a Jedi himself) into a lava pit. They then stole Anikin's kids from their mother and split them up. Anikin of course survived because Palpatine was on vacation and heard him screaming from a lava pit. Palpatine rescued Anikin and traded him a cyborg body for the last of the Jedi farming secrets. Anikin changed his name to Vader, little known fact, his full new name was Darth Vader the Jedi Hater (see it even rhymes) Anyways he heard that some girl named Leia had some secret plans. He went under the guise that she had plans to a top secret base when Episode 4 begins. In reality the plans also had an encrypted recipe for his famous secret BBQ sauce.

Is this what you were looking for or did I just go off topic?

I only have one question: when anakin boiled in lava, did he smell like bacon or pork ribs?

This isn't any more silly than what was actually passed off in the star wars mythos, so I can't really regard it as sarcasm.
    Last edited by Ty_Bomber; 05-23-2011 at 12:54 AM.

Currently in the middle of the Pacific Ocean

My friend had a copy of the script that depicted Vader and Obi-Wan's legendary duel. From that script, we had always imagined that they fought above a lava pit on a walkway of some sort. Obi-Wan got lucky and Anakin fell into the pit. I can't remember details from the script (I read it over twenty years ago), but I remember our discussions of it. We also discussed how the clones were a cheap and easy way to gain loyal followers. We speculated that some of the Jedi were killed and then cloned to make them more obedient to Palpatine. Another thing we discussed was what happened to Luke and Leia's mom. Based upon complete absurdity, we figured she ran away because of the violence she had to endure from Vader. Oh the minds of 10 year olds. I hope this helps your thread out.

With Vader so badly burned and so obedient to the emperor I had always though he went up against Palpatine and was fried into subservience and turned to the dark side forcibly (excuse the pun).

The thing I hate about the prequel is how petty and weak Anakin is, being turned because you're weak of mind, to me is a cop out. And in my eye not a redeemable feature of a persons personality.

Had he been broken and twisted to the service of the dark lord, would have been redeemable and more satisfying to the fans.

Obi-Wan is made out to be a strong Jedi, but in his defeat of Anakin he looses that image because Anakin is such a egotistical weeny. That's no way for a Jedi like Obi-Wan to defeat an opponent. I mean come on he sliced up Maul like a thanks giving turkey.

Yoda, didn't defeat Palpatine..... yet Mace did! (though he dies because of Anakin), this is a ridiculous scenario. How? 800 years of battle experience, a master of the force and stronger than anyone in the force, bar Anakin. I don't get it.

The clone wars, well I have no insight into how the reference in ANH became what it was in AOTC. Of all the people to clone, to clone a bounty hunter..... and one called Jango Fett. For me this was George getting a fan favourite into the mix. Why couldn't the wipe out of the jedi have included Jango as a contract killer, killing Jedi and then getting killed off; for Boba to become the Jedi hating/hunting mando he was.

Amidala: weak character made out to be like Leia, again to have some connection to the OT. Bad love story and worse ending. What is worse is initially Anakin seems to look at Padme as a surrogate mother, how does this turn into attraction, infatuation and love is beyond me. Freud might disagree...

I feel Anakin should have been the one to be suspicious of Palpatine and Palpatine envious of Anakins potential to be stronger than himself. Thinking he could turn Anakin at a more impressionable age but making the mistake in mis-gauging Anakins strength and having to use excessive force to eventually defeat Anakin. The excessive use, prematurely ageing the emperor to be and ruining Anakin. The result being that Anakin needs a life support system which dramatically stunts his strength in the force and the emperor's physical alteration due to over use of the dark side.
    Obi-Wan: "If you spent as much time practicing your saber techniques as you did your wit, you'd rival Master Yoda as a swordsman"

Anakin: " I thought I already did"

Obi-Wan: "Only in your mind, my very young apprentice"

Quote Originally Posted by Rafalema View Post
    Mace only won because ol' Palp wanted Anakin to "save" him from Windu..
    Good thing he showed up when he did.

So why, rather than face the force lightning with his saber, does yoda try and absorbe it. He couldn't have naive or egotistical enough to perform what seemed to be such a schoolboy error. Or did he not know about said lightsaber trick, surely not.

Yes, he comes back with a force shove but that doesn't take as much out of you as lightning does.
    Obi-Wan: "If you spent as much time practicing your saber techniques as you did your wit, you'd rival Master Yoda as a swordsman"

Anakin: " I thought I already did"

Obi-Wan: "Only in your mind, my very young apprentice"

Way back when I was in like 4th grade, I wrote and performed a play that was meant to be the general happenings of Episode 2. TPM had come out oh... maybe three months before? I had Anakin's descent to the dark side all plotted out, Palp's involvement, Obi's failure... The clones were an evil army against the Republic. This of course all took place in about 15 mins of play, about 5 of which was epic lightsaber duel complete with force pull - string tied to my hand lol.

Ahh 4th grade. How fun it was.

So I essentially skipped an episode. I think I planned that my version of Ep 3 would be Vader hunting down Jedi, basically. The only thing I missed was how Padme got pregnant. But, come on, 4th grade lol.

I for one, have no problems with the PT, as I was 3 when TPM came out, so I didn't know Star Wars before TPM. (You can't talk either, Raf )

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent