Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Captain's first MHS Saber...

Default Captain's first MHS Saber...

**EDIT**
    Jump to post #27 to see the finished version as far as this saber goes. I am so excited about this! It's great!!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...426#post201426
    **EDIT**

I'm gonna show off the exterior first, since I have not yet begun the chassis. Also, I have to apologize for the lower quality of photos. My wife's most excellent camera is indisposed at the moment, and I will most definitely supply images of higher quality when they are taken.

In the mean time, my first saber takes shape with the following MHS parts:
    * Blade Holder Style 1, drilled and tapped at 8-32, ~20 degrees of where I would have liked it.
    * Choke Style 3, as is from the shoppe.
    * Ribbed Extension, basic and stock.
    * 2" Double Female Extension, also drilled and tapped at 8-32.
    * Black Machined Covertec
    * Gear
    * Pommel Style 5, with Insert Style 10 and an SPST Momentary Switch.

The shroud is custom and made by me in about two hours worth of time with a typical piece of LHS Copper Sink Tube.

And, without further ado, the images!

legacy006.jpg legacy003.jpg legacy007.jpg legacy005.jpg legacy002.jpg

As usual, your comments and suggestions will be more than welcome!

Captain Mills
    Last edited by captain_mills; 07-23-2011 at 09:40 PM. Reason: Tried unsuccessfully to move this to the A-Z Build thread...

Remember, your LED will ALWAYS look brighter in pics and vids... If you're not playing with it at night, it's not gonna impress you...

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

that looks really nice. ^_^ good job.
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

I like the switch in the pommel..Gives the hilt a real nice clean look.

very nice ..digging the shroud good touch for BH 1

Thanks for the comments folks! Yes, it is Madcow inspired. I sent him an email and asked if he minded me borrowing from a design or two of his. He was very cordial... At the same time, I also wanted to make it unique without completely copying, so I added a few features that I knew I would like and could handle, it being my first saber and all...

I suppose I should have put this into the A-Z Build threads, but it wound up here. If a mod comes by and moves it for me, I'll be grateful.

I plan on adding an Obi-Wan Econo board with a 4AAA pack and wiring a P4 White LED in parallel to the board. It won't be lighted (yet), but I also plan on having a crystal chamber included in the grip-section for show when it's opened (if I can successfully work it to have the LED wires from the econo board go to my accent LED, then I'll be happy and have my crystal chamber be lit). I purchased the Premium speaker and the swing sensor from the TCSS shop here and will add them to the econo board. I have to figure out how to do the placement, as the switch and the speaker are both in the pommel. Will have to float the speaker above the switch and allow room for the wiring. Best laid plans of mice, you know...

Otherwise... I'll post more pics as the progress comes along!
    Thanks again!
    CMills

Remember, your LED will ALWAYS look brighter in pics and vids... If you're not playing with it at night, it's not gonna impress you...

So far Soooooooo good... (*popcorn)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gin Malinko View Post
    just an added note on this.
    I vote dgdve as the site's motivational speaker. haha
    "Yes Lord Vader, and I too have a gift... for you.."

"There is no good or evil, no black or white.. There is only.. Perspective"

Nice! Good work on the sinktube although it's hard to tell it's copper. You really need better pics to show that off since it's not common.

Okay... here's a bit of an update...

The two saber parts are painted... first with a flat dark grey automotive primer, second with a Krylon flat black paint, and third with a satin clearcoat. I have not yet baked it as I am waiting for the parts to dry over a day or two before I do it. The first four images only have the primer, and the last one has the final paint job...

In a couple of shots, you can see the Obi-Wan Econo board that I'll be putting in it. You can also tell a lot more that the shroud is more of a copper than a chrome...

Mostly, this post is to finally get some better images up of the saber.

DSC300 002.jpg DSC300 003.jpg DSC300 006.jpg DSC300 007.jpg DSC300 011.jpg

Looking good! definately +1

Suggestion: Why not also paint the shroud? it will add some balance to it (<-says me), or whats the plan? Also they do sell stuff for the edges of the shroud if you dont like it that way (wish I could remember what its called..)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gin Malinko View Post
    just an added note on this.
    I vote dgdve as the site's motivational speaker. haha
    "Yes Lord Vader, and I too have a gift... for you.."

"There is no good or evil, no black or white.. There is only.. Perspective"