Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Petit Crouton questions

Lightmeat won't let me paste, rename, delete or move anything.

I had that problem on my CF SD card too.
    You will slap yourself when you hear the solution.

Check the locking tab on your MicroSD Card adapter

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Man you're right. I consider myself at least somewhat computer literate and could not figure out why this wasn't working. Super frustrating. It was in fact the locking tab. Thanks a ton Skott.

LOL, what a simple solution! I was wondering why it was giving you so much trouble!

You wouldn't believe how many hours I spent tearing my hair out about that one

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

simple solution is always the most frustrating

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by TD-2272 View Post
    Yes perfect sense now, yeah I'm gonna smack myself now lol. Also if anyone does have a vid it would be awesome. Thanks everyone.

Now I got that clear..... So the file "force" what is that when I listen to it more and more it sounds like someone's neck being crushed. Anyone else gets that and how do you use it
    This is a carryover from the original beta sound profile. It will not be present on future SD cards.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

What exactly locks the sounds? They're just sound files, right? Will there be additional options in the future or is this it?

I think that every time you reformat an SD card, a small change gets made to some hidden-ninja-background files which you'll never see.

Maybe the PC is trained in the ways of the Ninja and can see if you have been bad and reformatted the SD card and then it "plays the fail sound" as I have heard people say.

That's why you can only edit the config files, it doesn't require reformatting. I don't know why the soundfonts/config files require/don't require the reformat.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by IndustrialAction View Post
    What exactly locks the sounds? They're just sound files, right? Will there be additional options in the future or is this it?
    The boards will play the fail sound if you mess with the .wav files. The firmware of the board is programmed to only accept these two fonts. This has been posted ad nauseam. These are the only two fonts that will be available. No new fonts are in the works. This has also been posted ad nauseam.
    Last edited by Lord Dottore Matto; 03-16-2011 at 05:27 PM.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!