Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Petit Crouton Sound Module and Ultrasaber's Bane with VA

Default Petit Crouton Sound Module and Ultrasaber's Bane with VA

I want purchase a Petit Crouton Sound Module from TCSS as soon as they come back into stock but I wanted to ask a question before I do.

I have an Ultrasabers Bane in Violet Amethyst. I'm not sure what type of LED they run in it other than it's an RGB LED. The color i have makes use of two of the three dies. It runs both Blue and Red to mix VA. From what I've been told from Ultrasabers, two active dies use the same voltage but twice the current as one die.

Does anyone know what type of LED they use for a VA bane and if the Petit Crouton Sound Module will be able to provide enough current to it? I can put a multimeter in series with my battery pack and actually see how much current is being used with the Ultrasabers direct drive method but I just though I should ask before i spend the money and wind up ruining the board LoL.

I'm guessing that I would wire up both dies to the same solder pad on the Petit Crouton Sound Module but I have no idea what I would set the power to for this R+B mixed LED.

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

offhand i would guess it's a DX RGB using 1400mA between the two dies. let us know what you find! ^_^
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

The board will automatically sense the voltage of your LED, and you'll just need to set the LED current in the config file on the uSD card.
    You can measure what current the LED is getting currently with a digital multimeter.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

So I just write down the current it's using in it's current direct drive mode. Then when I would wire it to the board, I would wire both dies up to the same pad on the PC board in parallel and set it up for the same current it was using in direct drive mode (in parallel). It shoulnd't matter that two dies are hooked to the same pad in parallel (and that R is resistorized and Blue is not). Unless one of the wires ever came loose while I was dueling LoL.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Quote Originally Posted by Azmaria Dei View Post
    offhand i would guess it's a DX RGB using 1400mA between the two dies. let us know what you find! ^_^
    1400ma?!! No, no, no. Keep it at around 1A to be safe. They do use DX RGBs, which are cast off prolight 3W RGBs. They have a max ma of 500ma per dice. We have run them at 1.2A off of PCs and CFs, but that's with PC's and CFs They have an impeccable driver.
    Last edited by FenderBender; 02-25-2011 at 01:04 PM.

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

Fender to the rescue!
    Yeah Az, I was going to say... those things aren't THAT power hungry.

(On a side note, how's the new Padawan doing Alan?)

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

ach! i was way off then! thanks FenderBender! ^_^
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

Council Member
    Jedi Master

1400 would be fine (though could be more) with a LEDengin 10W.

Padawan is doing fine now, thanks

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS