Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Huge news about the Petit Crouton/New TCSS Soundboard

Hmm.. It seems that when you try to mess with the soundfiles, the board loses it's warranty. What if one tries to install another soundfont, then trashes the board, can one still get repairs if he pays for them?

I personally love the lightmeat font, it sounds great.

Quote Originally Posted by cardcollector View Post
    Ah, gotcha. So it can be done, it will just cause you to loose your security of repairs...
    Even if you are willing to sacrifice your warranty, you still can't change the boot sound. The board will cease to function if you tamper with the boot file in any way.

Here is LDM's quote from FX

"Good question Wink The boot is part of the locked font. The only changeable items are the ones in the config.txt and led.txt files. So, basically if it is a .wav file it is locked...the board will fail if it does not see the sounds locked to it. The .txt files are used to modify what the accent LEDs do and the specific behavior of the board (i.e APOP, LED current, motion sensitivity, volume, etc.) and allows this board to be configured to specific LEDs and specific saber applications."

Here is the link to the quote for good measure

http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index...1721#msg401721

I am waiting for the congratulation for my superior memory recall
    Last edited by Wong Yoon Wei; 02-27-2011 at 06:42 AM. Reason: add exact quote and link

I'd be interested to know what happens if the SD card dies? Can the backup files you would have undoubtedly stored on your computer be transferred to a new SD card? I'm aware that the chances of the card failing are small, but over time it is possible.

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wong Yoon Wei View Post
    Even if you are willing to sacrifice your warranty, you still can't change the boot sound. The board will cease to function if you tamper with the boot file in any way.

Here is LDM's quote from FX

"Good question Wink The boot is part of the locked font. The only changeable items are the ones in the config.txt and led.txt files. So, basically if it is a .wav file it is locked...the board will fail if it does not see the sounds locked to it. The .txt files are used to modify what the accent LEDs do and the specific behavior of the board (i.e APOP, LED current, motion sensitivity, volume, etc.) and allows this board to be configured to specific LEDs and specific saber applications."

Here is the link to the quote for good measure

http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index...1721#msg401721

I am waiting for the congratulation for my superior memory recall
    Congrats to yOu sir! I stand humbly corrected.
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Rafalema View Post
    Hmm.. It seems that when you try to mess with the soundfiles, the board loses it's warranty. What if one tries to install another soundfont, then trashes the board, can one still get repairs if he pays for them?

I personally love the lightmeat font, it sounds great.
    Yes I offer repair on non warranty items for the board for a charge. The warranty covers manufacturing defects...anything else (improper wiring, and other things) can be fixed for a fee.
    MH on FX-Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Zook View Post
    The warranty covers manufacturing defects...anything else
    Breaking the uSD card holder....

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by pointoforigin View Post
    I'd be interested to know what happens if the SD card dies? Can the backup files you would have undoubtedly stored on your computer be transferred to a new SD card? I'm aware that the chances of the card failing are small, but over time it is possible.
    Correct. Reinstalling on a new card in the event that the old card dies (however unlikely) is possible.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

So...it's a good advice to have a backup copy of the complete microsd card?
    Not only a partner, but a friend

Finally, I have checked on shop site every day many, many times. Then this morning it just appeared. Like magic. It felt like a dream . A PC sound card. Batch 2.
    Thanks again all those involved.

Just to know waht happens: If I buy a PC-lightmeat sound card and a microsd darkmeat config , Can I swap cards? Thanks
    Not only a partner, but a friend