Thread: Noob question: Problem concerning custom saberforgesword and power source

Default Noob question: Problem concerning custom saberforgesword and power source

Hi folks,

I'm relatively new in the hobby of building electronic hilts. I already made hilts, but without electric stuff. I have a problem concerning the energy source of the interiour of hasbro swords.

The new 2010 Vader Toy-Sword I bought and my Force FX sword use 3 AAA or Micro Batteries, which is as far as I know is 4,5 volts. The 1999 Qui Gon Jinn toy I have has two Mono Batteries, which in my opinion is 3 volts. Now I ask myself which source to use. I just bought the Fury hilt from Saberforge (still not here, but the way from the us to europe is quite far... ) In the moment my plan is to extract the inside from the 2010 toy into this sword. I just want to have a working hilt, without a blade. Now I ask myself which powersource will work best for this toy. In meantime I found several battery-holders, but they are all for 2, or 4 Micro-Batteries, which means 3 or 6 volts. An akku-pack for remote-controlled-cars can be found with 4,8 V. The third and I guess cheapest option is to dremel the original battery-holder out of the toy hilt and use it in the custom hilt as well.

By the way one question, did anyone already buy a hilt from saberforge without interiour? Is the button there? Do I have to drill holes in the pommel for the sound or are there holes?

Regards Florian...hope someone may help me...

If you ever get that hilt of yours, (Saberforge has a very bad reputation of screwing people around, though he seems to have done couple of improvements recently) then propably a single Li-Ion (3.7v) cell would be the best bet. It's quite small and can run your stuff.

Good luck on your hilt.

I know that his reputation wasn't the but as his eBay account jas good ratings lately I haven't had a prob ordering on his page. Plus the fact that I paid via paypal. No risk No fun... I wait another week, then I order at ultrasaber...

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tuffskull View Post
    I know that his reputation wasn't the (best?) but as his eBay account has good ratings lately
    That's because when he gets bad feedback, he closes that account and opens a new one.

At least, that's how he's been doing it in the past.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Ok following your information I informed paypal about a problem. I have nothing to loose doing so. At 15th of january he gave me a tracking no for a letter, but this is only trackable by the sender...

How is reputation of ultrasaber.COM?

Ultrasabers has one of the best reputations on the market, just like TCSS.

Really though, I don't think we should discuss this here since this forum is attached to a store.
    You may want to take your problem or other things to FX-Sabers forums.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Yes, that's a better idea.

I am locking this thread.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!