Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Jay-gon Jinn's MHS Mara Jade(ish) build (MHS, Petit Crouton, 7.4v Li-Ion, AV switch)

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    What Skott said.
    You are the master of Drill Press-fu then...I'd botched a few of those up for sure.
    Yub Yub Commander.

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

that is quite beautiful. and the step by step pictures really help a lot too! thanks! ^_^
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

well done as always jay-gon ...very nice wip

I cut the grip material I had on hand to make up the fins that ring the emitter today:

Before I could apply them, though, I had to drill a couple of holes in the blade holder:

The Replica Graflex thumbscrew button I have on order will have 10-32 threads so that's what I drilled and tapped in the blade holder. I used my replica button from my brass Graflex to gauge the size and spacing for the one that will go on the saber.

The other hole is for the brass valve I have:

I'll cut off a brass screw and thread it into the hilt, then screw the valve onto the screw:

I'll do that tomorrow.

With the holes all set, I applied the grip sections:

This is where the red Graflex replica button will go when it comes in. It will actually function as a blade retention screw...I hope the threads on it are long enough to reach.

Here it is, getting even closer to being finished:

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Look'n good!
    Yub Yub Commander.

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

that's looking downright amazing.
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

I've used the graflex red button thumbscrew on a few MHS sabers now, and the threads are plenty long. Your design is coming along nicely. looks very good.

Thanks for the heads up on the graflex button screw...I did have to shorten it a bit, because I like them to be flush with the hilt when the blade is installed. I finished this one off today, and posted the finished pictures in the Forum Gallery: http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...211#post190211

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Another great piece by the master J... bravo my friend(my fav part is the c clip