Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Weird Dream

Default Weird Dream

I don't remember my dreams very often, but this one was a little too weird to forget, apparently, so I thought I'd share. This is what I wrote down as soon as I had the chance:

I remember waking up into a world where anything you could imagine came true, but mostly the bad stuff. If you imagined snake, you’d see snakes. The whole thing started out fairly primitive. Creatures of fantasy and nightmare fought and killed each other. They’d kill you too if they found you. So I hid. I watched as the beasts came into being and then died, over and over again. I don’t remember how long I hid, but eventually I noticed that things had calmed down, and so I ventured out.

The world around me had become a city. I discovered my family living in a house: my mother and sister, a brother I never had, and an infant that could have been my daughter or not. By this time I had forgotten that this wasn’t my world, and I began to live in it as if it were. I can’t remember what I did from day to day, but I do remember the general sense of discontent. That, and the fear.

This world was run by a person I can’t put a face to, though I remember he wore a ragged top hat. He always had a smile on his face. If anyone raised a dissenting voice, he had them beat to death by his guards, who carried long wooden clubs. If no one dissented, he had people killed at random. I remember dying several times.

Oh yeah, in this world, death is unavoidable, but also transient. Every time anyone died, they would reform in front of a woman and her twin daughters. They looked different every time I saw them. Sometimes they were blond, other times they were redheads. They never spoke. They were sitting at the base of a stair case. If you tried to climb the stairs, they would let you pass, but there seemed little point. The stairs ended at a landing with no door. Just a blank wall.

One day, I remembered that this world wasn’t mine. I tried to tell others, but the city’s ruler had me killed. I think I killed some of his guards before they executed me. When I woke at the base of the stairs, I instinctively knew that this was the way out of this world. I climbed the stairs again, and began to look around. I didn’t find anything in my search. Just when I had given up, I noticed a door at the edge of my peripheral vision. When I turned, I saw the way out.

The door lead to a room that turned out to be merely the beginning of a labyrinth-like series of rooms and corridors, each with only one way out that defied logic and confounded active searching. I remember being in this maze for a long time. I was not alone. There were others who had discovered the way through the maze, only to find themselves stuck at various points.

I got woken up by my daughter at this point, so I have no idea how that was going to end.
    Last edited by Scars Unseen; 01-05-2011 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scars Unseen View Post
    I don't remember my dreams very often, but this one was a little too weird to forget, apparently, so I thought I'd share. This is what I wrote down as soon as I had the chance:

I remember waking up into a world where anything you could imagine came true, but mostly the bad stuff. If you imagined snake, you’d see snakes. The whole thing started out fairly primitive. Creatures of fantasy and nightmare fought and killed each other. They’d kill you too if they found you. So I hid. I watched as the beasts came into being and then died, over and over again. I don’t remember how long I hid, but eventually I noticed that things had calmed down, and so I ventured out.

The word around me had become a city. I discovered my family living in a house: my mother and sister, a brother I never had, and an infant that could have been my daughter or not. By this time I had forgotten that this wasn’t my world, and I began to live in it as if it were. I can’t remember what I did from day to day, but I do remember the general sense of discontent. That, and the fear.

This world was run by a person I can’t put a face to, though I remember he wore a ragged top hat. He always had a smile on his face. If anyone raised a dissenting voice, he had them beat to death by his guards, who carried long wooden clubs. If no one dissented, he had people killed at random. I remember dying several times.

Oh yeah, in this world, death is unavoidable, but also transient. Every time anyone died, they would reform in front of a woman and her twin daughters. They looked different every time I saw them. Sometimes they were blond, other times they were redheads. They never spoke. They were sitting at the base of a stair case. If you tried to climb the stairs, they would let you pass, but there seemed little point. The stairs ended at a landing with no door. Just a blank wall.

One day, I remembered that this world wasn’t mine. I tried to tell others, but the city’s ruler had me killed. I think I killed some of his guards before they executed me. When I woke at the base of the stairs, I instinctively knew that this was the way out of this world. I climbed the stairs again, and began to look around. I didn’t find anything in my search. Just when I had given up, I noticed a door at the edge of my peripheral vision. When I turned, I saw the way out.

The door lead to a room that turned out to be merely the beginning of a labyrinth-like series of rooms and corridors, each with only one way out that defied logic and confounded active searching. I remember being in this maze for a long time. I was not alone. There were others who had discovered the way through the maze, only to find themselves stuck at various points.

I got woken up by my daughter at this point, so I have no idea how that was going to end.
    Wow, that was weird. Let us know if you finish the dream; sometimes you do the next day.
    Formerly known as Polarcupz

"I think, therefore I am. I destroy, therefore I endure."

That's cool! You've got a heck of an imagination. Please do let us know if you finish the drqm; I'd be interested to find out how it all turned out.

Wow. Not weirder than some of my dreams, but still.... wow. Your subconscious isnt just a genius. It's an evil genius that leaves us hanging.
    Hey! Visit my deviantArt page!
    http://kai-sabol.deviantart.com/

"Strength isn't power. Power comes from your desire to keep the peace, and your will to fight for it." -Me

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

you're aware. congrats. ^_^
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

Blog Entries

Sorry for having you killed all those times, do not worry my guards were also reborn... oh and the maze has no end, it is just a fun way to keep you searching and not realizing you are in purgatory.

Quote Originally Posted by Scars Unseen View Post
    This world was run by a person I can’t put a face to, though I remember he wore a ragged top hat. He always had a smile on his face.
    Sounds a bit like the voodoo god, Baron Samedi to me...

Quote Originally Posted by Azmaria Dei View Post
    you're aware. congrats. ^_^
    *envy*

Do you think it was Lucid, Az?

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent