Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: My First MHS Saber finshed. (I think)

Jedi Initiate
    Jedi Initiate
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by polarcupz View Post
    ...check your spelling before you post. Quoting a game, and getting the name wrong...
    looks like spell-check worked as advertised to me, but didn't check grammar and placement.
    Now known as Azmaria Dei
    i really need "meow on clash" mya! =^_^=

duel - to fight someone 1 on 1
    dual - 2 of something in line with each other

Quote Originally Posted by polarcupz View Post
    First off...awesome first saber! I really like the weathering on the emitter.

Second...

It is good to strive high. There are alot of amazing sabers out there.

Third...

...check your spelling before you post. Quoting a game, and getting the name wrong...

Fourth...

Keep up the great work!
    It was late and I was sleepy but thank you. I think I fixed them. Sorry if I offended.

Nice! The weathering looks great and even though I'm not crazy about the wrap style for sabers, the leather looks good and you did a great job. I Even like the rag like piece. Looks like it came from the sand people..lol.

I'm not sure why you didn't post this in the gallery section though. I almost overlooked it.

I wanted to make some changes to my Rahm Kota Lightsaber. So I made a list of things I wanted to change and got to work.

I felt the red switch LED was much brighter than my green accent LED in the back so I buffed up the green LED to a 5 mm Bright.

I wanted to add the cool looking pommel LED so I added a green ultra bright LED to the pommel.

I added a vibration motor to the hilt that fallows the hum of the blade. It will pulse with the clash as well. Figuring out how to mount it and keep it from hitting things in the hilt was fun to do.

I wanted to go with a more accurate version of the emitter shroud so I got rid of the sink tube overlay and used aluminum. This way I had the material I needed to carve the rings in the overlay. The sink tube is just way to thin to do that.

I made a blade plug using a crystal and some copper wire with a plastic tub then add a bit of hot glue.

Lastly I changed the leather raping on the hilt. On a round tube it is just too hard to keep it in place and spaced right. Once you pick it up and swing the hilt around the leather would twist. I left a tale on the back of the hilt I was thinking it might look cool to add some beads to it maybe steel or bone something like that.
    I think this will be a saber I keep coming back to from time to time and find ways to improve it.
    Thanks for all the help.
    Last edited by AC Sabers; 01-16-2011 at 03:13 AM.

I must say I love it more.
    VERY nice Kota Replica.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

excellently done. ^_^ i would love to see more from you.
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

I definitely like the Mk. 2 version of this saber, but I have a couple questions. How did you mount the vibration motor and where did you source it from? I have several sources for econo boards laying around the house and want to use the vibration setup, but have yet to determine how to mount the motor. I've been following Equinox13/Azmaria Dei's posts about econo boards and motors, but I'm unsure exactly which motor people are using and how they secure them inside the hilt. And again, that looks fantastic. How does you son feel about you having an MHS saber and him having a econo Hasbro?

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

ooooo!!! i use the pager motors at electronics goldmine!

and the mounting i use is basically just a layered heatshrink casing so it doesn't bounce around, then secure it to the battery pack.

i would love to know how you did yours. ^_^
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

Brilliant Tutorial by Novastar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHPfujfG38U

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent