Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: My First MHS Saber finshed. (I think)

Default My First MHS Saber finshed. (I think)

About 2 months ago I was shopping in the toy section at wall-mart with my 3 year old son. When we got to the Star Wars toys my son started grabbing at the lightsabers. So I did what any dad would do I got one for my son. When we got home my wife asked what’s up with the lightsaber? So I told her it for my son. She then said, Yah I guessed that but why did you get two of them. One for him and one for me, he can’t have a lightsaber fight with just one =)
    Anyway after dueling with my son for about a week I started thinking about how cool would it be to try and make one that looked like what you see in the moves. How little did I know that all this information was out there and what a hobby it is. After many days thinking about it and going over web forums I made my purchase here at TCSS. I thought it would be cool to make a saber inspired from the video game “The Force Unlashed”. I liked Jedi Master Rahm Kota’s lightsaber so that is what I tried to do. Maybe this was a little harder then what I should have started with but what the hell.
    I used the video game “The Force Unleashed” and some other websites such as Ro-Lightsabers and youtube to give me ideas as to how to pull this off. I made some changes to the design as I worked just for the fun of it. So that’s why I say this is a Rahm Kota Inspired lightsaber.
    I had a lot of fun working on it and I hope you all like it. Thank you for all the information this forum as provided me.

Jedi Master Rahm Kota Inspired lightsaber replica

TCSS MHS aluminum hilt
    Condition: Weathered
    Scale: 1:1 full-scale
    Sound Card: Obi-Wan Kenobi Force Action saber
    Loudspeaker: TCSS Premium Speaker
    Power Supply: 4 AA 2600mAh NiMH Rechargeable battery
    Blade: Led LED "Corbin style" Show blade 1" OD (36 inches)
    Led Emitter Luxeon Rebel Star (Green)
    Extras: Recharge port, Kill switch, DPDT red illuminated switch, Green LED indicator, and real leather Tsuka-Maki style hilt wrapping.

My second saber is in the planning out phase but I think I’m going to try my hand at a ROTJ Luck V2 Dark Side. Got the idea from Ro-Lightsabers and I think it looks very cool.
    Last edited by AC Sabers; 10-18-2010 at 10:11 PM.

Well played sir. Excellent first saber, and one of the better Kota's I've seen. +1

Now that's one heck of a first saber!

Awesome work man, the weathering is perfect, the wrap, everything, great job.

Jedi Initiate
    Jedi Initiate
    Blog Entries

very well done. good job! ^_^
    Now known as Azmaria Dei
    i really need "meow on clash" mya! =^_^=

duel - to fight someone 1 on 1
    dual - 2 of something in line with each other

Nice job! I like it, different to the actual Kota, but still heavily influenced.
    Just a question, why did you put the scale? Unless you also make sabers for dolls

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Blog Entries

Looks great, I hope my first saber turns out as cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Skottsaber View Post
    Nice job! I like it, different to the actual Kota, but still heavily influenced.
    Just a question, why did you put the scale? Unless you also make sabers for dolls
    I just used the same format I have seen on other sites explaining the details of the saber. I have no plans on making anything other than a 1 to 1 scale so I guess I should not even list that detail. Thanks for pointing that out.

Thank you everyone for all the positive feedback it make the hobby that much more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by AC Sabers View Post
    I just used the same format I have seen on other sites explaining the details of the saber. I have no plans on making anything other than a 1 to 1 scale so I guess I should not even list that detail. Thanks for pointing that out.
    Ahh.. ok

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

First off...awesome first saber! I really like the weathering on the emitter.

Second...

Maybe this was a little harder then what I should have started with but what the hell.
    It is good to strive high. There are alot of amazing sabers out there.

Third...

Anyway after dulling with my son for about a week ...I made my perches here at TCSS. I thought it would be cool to make a saber inspired from the video game “The Force Unlashed”. I liked Jedi Master Rahm Kota’s lightsaber so that is what I tried to do.
    ...check your spelling before you post. Quoting a game, and getting the name wrong...

Fourth...

Keep up the great work!
    _______Through power, I gain victory.
    _________Through victory, my chains are broken.
    ___________The Force shall free me.