I'm buying the internals to my first saber from TCSS soon, with the rest of the external pieces arriving tomorrow. As far as I can tell reading on sound boards *everywhere*, the US 2.5 and CF anything do not exist, and there is no forseeable date that Tim will be done constructing his newer board.

I have an Episode III Obi-Wan MR saber just sitting here, with acceptable sound quality, but my question is if there are better boards out there I can find. It's a well-loved saber, with a few dead LED's in the blade, so it's just a dormant display right now.

However, I've seen mentioned here that the 2010 MR sabers have better sound. Mostly what I was hoping for in a US 2.5 was the variable flicker and sensitivity options. And seeing as the 2010 MR are about $10 more expensive than the listed price for the US 2.5, I'm considering it.

So what I want to know is what the best route to take would be. The latest I would want to wait for the new TCSS soundboard would be the Christmas season, so if that isn't going to happen, do I go for a 2010 MR board, or my old-school MR board?