Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: seoul p4 reds

Unhappy seoul p4 reds

any idea when they're gonna be back in stock because i went to order one and poof they disappeared off the color options....

Red Rebels are in stock. You might consider buying one of those instead.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

I think i ordered the last one... things generally come back in stock in about a week. The rebel may be a viable option for you as Skott said.
    Every time Tim ships an order... an angel gets its wings

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~

Smile

Shadar,
    Please let me know what you think of the red "rebel" . That looks like my best option for the saber i am building.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

I have not used a Rebel as of yet, but looking at the specs the lumen output is comparable. The P4's forward voltage is only 2.5 and the Rebel is 2.9. So the P4 seems slightly more efficient. As I have recently learned however the P4 is a little more um.... fragile. (i blew one by not using a resistor despite knowing that others have done so with no issues)

Keep in mind that you will need to order a heatsink shim, lens holder, and lens made specifically for use with the rebel in MHS.

For the P4 (and possibly the Rebel) I would use the 2.2 Ohm 5 Watt resistor sold in the store as well...

Good luck, let us know how it turns out!
    Every time Tim ships an order... an angel gets its wings

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~

My math came out to a 3.3Ohm 5W resistor for the Red Rebel @ 2.9Vf and 1000mA for a 6V battery setup.

If you use a single Li-Ion (3.7V), you would need a 1Ohm 2W (Actually .8Ohm, .8Watt, but that's the closest)

For 4x NiMH (4.8V), you need a 2.2Ohm 5W.

These resistors values are all based on what is available in the TCSS store.

For the P4 (2.5Vf and 800mA, I don't know what you guys overdrive these to)

I calculate a 3.3 Ohm, 5W (Based on calculations of 2.8 Ohms and 4.38W) on a 6V pack.

For a single Li-Ion, I get a 1 Ohm, 2W (based on calculations of .96Ohm and 1.5W) resistor.

For 4x NiMH, I get 2.2Ohm, 5W (based on 1.84Ohm and 2.88W).

Someone please correct my math if I am wrong. These values will change if you add other devices on the same side of the resistor as the LED.
    Last edited by RevengeoftheSeth; 09-24-2010 at 03:54 PM.

I tried them red rebels before. If you give em 1amp it gets bright for a second then dim a lot....really weird they are. Also the lens holder in the store are better because it has legs so it wont spin when tightening the bh causing the dome to get knocked off.

Quote Originally Posted by dj2rbo View Post
    I tried them red rebels before. If you give em 1amp it gets bright for a second then dim a lot....really weird they are. Also the lens holder in the store are better because it has legs so it wont spin when tightening the bh causing the dome to get knocked off.
    The reds must be a lot more sensitive or something. My blue rebel takes 1A with no problems. I've been tempted to push it to 1200 to see what it does.

Thats also how they are with the tri rebel. To tell the truth, I notice no difference with 1 amp and 1.2..... even at 700 ma green or blue are very bright! The amber is really light in color I noticed compared to luxes.

Lets all go with Seoul P7's with shoot 900 lumen's...
    Corbin_Das: If I got a tattoo below my waist, it'd say "Found someone you have I would say, hmmmm?"