Thread: The Iconic and my DL-44

Default The Iconic and my DL-44

Well this is what I would consider "MY" lightsaber even thought I have quite a few. It takes many different aspects of the OT movie sabers put into one. Pretty simple but my favorit. I had a RGB LED in there but just changed it to a blue rebel. No sound because my FX board blew up, but i'll get around to it.

Oh and I thought I would put some pics of my DL-44 I just finished. I know its not screen acurate but it is my custom. All metal except the flash holder which is resin.

Comments appreciated...

Both saber and blaster look pretty cool.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

Man I like that saber, what a great mix up of OT styles. I'm so surprised I've not seen something similar before now.

Like the DL-44 too, a bit too un-civilised for me though.....

Sorry couldn't help it.
    Obi-Wan: "If you spent as much time practicing your saber techniques as you did your wit, you'd rival Master Yoda as a swordsman"

Anakin: " I thought I already did"

Obi-Wan: "Only in your mind, my very young apprentice"

Very cool....I was thinking about a mixed replica over the weekend. Much different then this one but very cool. Great idea. IMO If you can't do an exact replica then make a variation instead. The blaster looks nice too although I think the washers could use some paint.

I really like the design of the saber and feel that it really represents what you wanted to well. Also I would paint the washers as well but only due to the fact that the flash hider is not silver or any other part for it to "jive" with, otherwise it sticks out.
    Every time Tim ships an order... an angel gets its wings

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~

Great looking saber!!!! Very cool mix of OT parts... I've never really been a fan of that blaster, but that looks nice too....

Thanks for the feedback. I am going to weather the blaster and that should allow the washers to fit in better with everything else.

I like that saber! You seem to have a very good eye for a mix of the OT sabers.

LED Saber Combat Master Instructor
    Co-Founder of Caine and Novastar's Saber Combat System (NCSCS)
    Life's short...saberplay HARD!