Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Recipes

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Default Recipes

This thread is for any good recipes you have. I will start it off with a very cheap but good tasting Ramen Noodle Lasagna recipe. Yes, I said Ramen Noodles. LOL

Ingredients:

4 packs of Ramen noodles (doesn't matter which flavor as you will not use the flavor pack)
    1/2 cup water
    Jar of Spagetti Sauce (26 oz I think)
    2 cups of mozzarella cheese
    a 9 x 11 baking dish or whatever size you can get.
    Aluminum foil

Directions:

Lay 4 packs of Ramen noodles in the baking dish. You can break them up to fit the dish but try to keep them in as big of pieces as possible. (Do not add flavor pack)

Add 1/2 cup of water

Pour the Jar of spagetti sauce on top of noodles.

Add 1 cup of mozzarella cheese

Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes

Remove Aluminum Foil and add 1 more cup of mozzarella cheese. (Spread evenly)

Bake for another 5 minutes or until desired browness.

That's it. Quick, cheap and easy.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

3-2-1 Beer Bread

3 Cups self-rising flour
    2 Tablespoons sugar
    1 Bottle or can of your favorite beer (about 12 ounces)

Sift the flour and sugar together. Add the beer and mix well. Pour the mixture into a nonstick 9 inch loaf pan.

Bake at 350 F for one hour.

I use Guinness for my bread, and it makes a wonderful, heavy bread that goes well with stews.

Default Death Star Cookie

This Is not mine But hope you guys enjoy.

Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

Super Coke

Ingredients:

Some Coke
    Some Lemon Squash

Directions:

Pour the Coke to the glass.
    Put some lemon squash.

Enjoy!

My Favourite Chocolate Roulade

A bit complex to make, takes at least 45 mins to prepare, rolling it can be tricky at first but once you get it it becomes natural.
    The amount of washing up you have to do is little sacrifice to the taste of this thing. Make it and tell me I'm right
    Ingredients:
    • Sunflower oil (for greasing)
    • 225g (8oz) dark plain chocolate
    • 150g (5oz) caster sugar
    • 5 eggs
    • 1 tsp instant coffee
    • 4.5 tablespoons water
    • Icing sugar
    • 300ml double cream

Method:
    • Preheat oven to 220°C (425° F).
    • Grease a swiss roll tin (23” x 33”) with oil.
    • Cut a sheet of greaseproof paper big enough to line and stand above the tin by about 1.5” all around.
    • Fold the paper to fit the corners and grease very lightly with oil.

• Separate the eggs using oil free hands.
    • Yolks in one large bowl and whites in another.

• Tip the caster sugar into the yolks.
    • Whisk together until light, pale and moussy using an electric (recommended) or hand whisk.

• Break the chocolate into a heavy bottomed pan. Add water and coffee granules.

• Put the pan on a very low heat and stir gently with a wooden spoon until creamy and molten.

• Fold the molten chocolate into the mousse with a metal spoon.

• Whisk the egg whites until well frothy and almost stiff (test by lifting with the whisk). Fold gently into the chocolate mix. The odd spot of white doesn’t matter.
    • Pour the mix into the tin. Cook for 12-14 minutes – roulade should look browned and may be cracked on top. It will sink when you take it out. Leave to cool.
    • Whisk the double cream until softly firm. Smooth it over the roulade with a palette knife.
    • Lift the short end of the roulade and roll it up away so it looks like an odd swiss roll. Peel off the paper as you roll. It may crack and bits may come away. Don’t panic – keep going. When it’s almost there and the paper is just hanging on lift the whole thing onto a plate.
    • Sprinkle with a little icing sugar.

• Eat the single best chocolate recipe you have ever tasted

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

A couple of recipes from my Texas kitchen to yours...

Armadillo Toes

10 jalepenos
    10 slices of bacon
    1 small tub cream cheese, stirred until soft
    1 bottle Barbecue sauce of your choice
    1 box toothpicks

Step 1: Clean your jalapeños by cutting off the stems and removing the seeds (if you like your food spicy, save the seeds for later). Slice the peppers in half lengthwise. Realize you've forgotten to preheat your oven, and preheat it to 400 degrees F, or turn your grill on and let it start heating up.

Step 2: Open your bacon and slice it in half crosswise, and pour your barbecue sauce into a bowl.

Step 3: Fill each pepper half with some cream cheese. You don't want too much or it'll just melt everywhere and will take over the flavor. If you like your food spicy, take the saved jalapeño seeds and sprinkle them into your cream cheese.

Step 4: Take your bacon slices one at a time and dredge them in the barbecue sauce, coating both sides. Then wrap it carefully around the filled peppers, securing it with a toothpick. I find it easiest to impale the pepper, and then wrap the bacon around rather than wrapping and then impaling.

Step 5: This is where it gets tricky. Every oven/grill is different so cooking times vary. I prefer the oven method, because it's not as hard to deal with the peppers, and there's no chance of the toothpicks catching fire and your whole appetizer falling apart. Place your appetizers either on your grill or into a baking dish. I use a metal cooling rack in a deep glass casserole pan so that the bacon grease just drips right off. Cook your Armadillo Toes until the bacon is done. I like mine nice and crispy to go along with the soft cream cheese and fresh jalapeños.

Step 6: Make sure you tell everyone that they're your own invention, and you'll only cook them on special occasions. Heh heh heh.

Baked Potato Slices

6 Russet Potatoes
    1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
    1/2 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
    1 Cup Sour Cream (or Ranch Dressing if you want to do it the easy way)
    Butter
    Salt
    Pepper
    Garlic
    Cilantro
    Chives (optional)
    Bacon Bits (optional)

Step 1: Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
    Step 2: Wash your potatoes, and then slice them into inch or half inch slices.
    Step 3: Spray your baking dish/pan with non stick cooking spray, to make the clean up easier, and then lay down your potato slices, and sprinkle salt, pepper, and garlic to taste.
    Step 4: Bake your potatoes for 15-20 minutes, depending on how thick your slices are. You should pull them out about the time the thinner slices turn brown around the edges.
    Step 5:. While the potatoes cook, get yourself a bowl of sour cream, and add in pepper, cilantro, chives, and bacon bits to taste. Mix until everything's well blended.
    Step 6: Remove your potatoes from the oven, and check to see that they're mostly cooked. If needed, bake another 2-4 minutes.
    Step 7: Take a paper towel and rub butter across the tops of the potatoes, and sprinkle with cheddar, then mozzarella.
    Step 8: Bake for another 2-4 minutes, until the cheese begins to crisp up and brown.
    Step 9: Serve with sour cream dip.
    Last edited by MandoJoe; 09-10-2010 at 10:49 AM.

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

What a great thread! Kinda random... but hey, who doesn't love food?

This is my favorite meal... ever. It serves 10.

Cheesy Mostaccioli

1 (16 ounce) packages mostaccioli pasta, uncooked
    1 1/2 lbs ground beef
    1 (28 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
    1 (11 ounce) cans condensed cheddar cheese soup
    1 teaspoon ground black pepper
    1 -1 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
    3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided

Directions:
    Prep Time: 30 mins
    Total Time: 1 1/4 hr
    1 Prepare the pasta according to the package directions; rinse and drain.
    2 In a non-stick skillet, cook and stir the beef over medium-high heat until meat is browned; drain.
    3 Add in spaghetti sauce, soup, pepper, and Italian seasoning; stir to combine.
    4 In a large bowl, mix together the pasta, sauce, and 2 cups cheese.
    5 Transfer mixture to a greased 4-quart baking dish.
    6 Sprinkle remaining 1 cup cheese over the top.
    7 Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until heated through.
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

Figure I will share my own recipe for one of my favorite spring/summer dressings!

Apple Basil Vinaigrette

8 Tbls of Apple Cider White Vinegar

6 Tbls Oil (preferably Olive)

8 Tbls Granulated White Sugar

1 Tbls Salt (Iodized or Sea)

½ -1 Tbls Black Pepper (Depending on Tastes)

½ Tbls Ground Dry Mustard

1 Tbls Basil (dried, or 3 Tbls Fresh)

Shake well in a sealable container and chill for 1-2 hours before serving. Serves Roughly 4 People.
    Every time Tim ships an order... an angel gets its wings

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~

Wink

This is a great thread!
    Wow, that pic of the mostaccioli looks soooo good!!!

Here's a recipe for rack of lamb - the best part is that it's all about the marinade. The actual cooking part of it is super easy and just takes a little time.

Cannibal's Rack o’Sheep

Marinade:

3 tablespoons olive oil
    1.5 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
    3 tablespoons lime juice
    3 tablespoons soy sauce
    3 tablespoons dry white wine
    5 (or more) cloves garlic, minced
    salt and pepper to taste

Blend all ingredients together with a hand blender

for 1 lb rack of lamb, frenched

Marinade over night. After marinade, preheat oven 425F. Bake rack of lamb bone side up for 10 minutes. Turn oven to broil for 5 minutes on the same side. Flip rack (meat side up) and broil for 10 more minutes. Re-baste. De-glace oven sheet with red wine if desired. Serve with vegetables (carrots, broccoli, onions, etc.).
    LOCKHEED

Darth Reklar

Summer Chai

5 large Lipton regular tea bags
    2 small Stash Spice Chai tea bags
    2 gallons water

Fill a two gallon "Sun Tea" type container (I like the ones with the spigot) with water. Add the tea bags. Allow to steep outside for about 5 hours in 65+ degree weather. Chill for 24 to 30 hours and enjoy.