Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: B-day Commission by Kastor

Default B-day Commission by Kastor

The Birthday Commission (First MHS)

One of my friends has an older brother who is quite the Star Wars fan and who's Birthday was coming up. Not having made any MHS sabers before I mad a deal, she bought the parts I did labor at cost. On the sly we got this info that his favorite saber was the Luke ROTJ so I used that for the basic look, blended the Luke ANH and kept everything else simple. I think in turned out nice and has a classic look. I learned A TON working on this saber and I thank every one on these forums for posting all their tips I couldn't have done this without the community. Enjoy, Comments and questions welcome.

The Diggs

Luxeon Rebel Star - Green
    2010 Obi-Wan Kenobi Electronic Lightsaber sound board
    1" Thin Walled Trans White Blade
    Furniture Hardware Blade Plug
    Powered by 3 AAA Batteries
    Flickering Power On & Clashing Effect

Thumbs up

Nice! I really like that blend of ROTJ and ESB. You could call it "The Evolution of a Hero," or something. Great job!
    Two there should be. No more. No less. One to embody the power, the other to crave it. -Darth Bane
    If a Luxeon III gets hot enough to melt...[hot]glue, something's wrong with your wiring! -Jay Gon Jinn

Very cool, and the custom blade plug matches the BH very nicely, great job on a great saber
    My real and legal name is Rogue. Coincidence that i like starwars. Perhaps.

Nice hilt.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

Nice job! What a great b-day gift!

LED Saber Combat Master Instructor
    Co-Founder of Caine and Novastar's Saber Combat System (NCSCS)
    Life's short...saberplay HARD!

I'm sure he's going to love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Enab View Post
    Nice! I really like that blend of ROTJ and ESB. You could call it "The Evolution of a Hero," or something. Great job!
    I like that, The Evolution of a Hero. That's a pretty cool birthday gift. I like the blade plug. That was a pretty good idea Kastor. I love how we can take regular hardware pieces, & parts and turn them into lightsaber parts. Good job on the saber. This is a great hobby.

very cool saber ...Evolution of a Hero sounds like a good name for it

koolest birthday gift ever IMO!