Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Shadar's "Agony" (Crystal Chassis with Ventress FX board)

Oh, no, man! That sucks! I really hope the post office can get it all sorted out for you! Usually, it just gets returned to sender and you have to pay shipping, again.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadar Al'Niende View Post
    So, I happened to check my shipping notification for my last order (because i'm pathetic like that ) and found out that it was shipped to an old address roughly 30 minutes south of me due to stupid Paypal.... I jumped in the car and RACED down there, hoping that whoever lived there was semi honest.

When I got there, no one lived there. Of course I was not able to get into the mailbox... so there i am at 9pm standing in the dark trying to think of something. Pissed off and a little disappointed that I didn't catch the address thing... i went home.

I have sent an email to USPS who delivered it, in hopes that they can check to see that the address (old and new) once existed on a forward that I had setup and will deliver it to me here at my new address... if not, i can always blow up the mailbox i suppose... (ok, so that is totally a federal offense, and I wouldn't do it... but its tempting...)

Dude... that blows... so much... I have no idea what to tell you... find who ever has the keys?

^pretty much all been said, so I won't repeat.

What about a test video?

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Quote Originally Posted by Skottsaber View Post
    ^pretty much all been said, so I won't repeat.

What about a test video?
    No switch wires yet. only pack, and speaker. next is to wire up the clash, main/cc led, and splice the wires for all the accents (AV, accent led, and PLI)

I have decided to splice the wires 4 ways instead of 3 in order to add the PLI in the kill switch.

As for the Post office. I hope that they will forward the mail, or that i can get down there on monday and get it out of the box. I believe my old landlord has passed away so....
    Every time Tim ships an order... an angel gets its wings

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~

Quick update. I called my old landlady (she is not dead yay!) and being the sweetest woman alive that i remembered (besides my wife ) she told me if i stop by tonight after work she will let me into the mail box!

Now i just have to hope that USPS doesn't move my package on me in the meantime...

I guess this is just one more thing to add to the list of reasons why AGONY truly is a good name for this saber

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~

Quote Originally Posted by Shadar Al'Niende View Post
    and being the sweetest woman alive that i remembered (besides my wife )

Good save!

Ok folks, new update...

After work I raced down to my old apartment. I went to my old landlady's house and she met me at the door. After a few pleasantries she handed me a ring of keys that would have made a janitor proud

I asked her if she knew which key it was and she told me that she was sorry but that she did not. I thanked her for helping me and assured her that it was good to see her again. I got back in the car and drove around the corner to the apartments in question. I parked across the street and made my way toward the mailboxes, keys in hand. Sighing i located my old mailbox with the address and with a silent plea, chose a key at random out of the mass of metal in my fist. I slipped it into the mailbox and "click" It opened! ON THE FIRST TRY! Excitedly i glanced in the mailbox to find the key to the package delivery box nestled neatly on top of the mail that was in the box.

Slipping the key out of the mailbox and quickly closing it, i stepped to my right and used the new key to open the package delivery box. Inside, was....

My package! I sighed a sigh of relief, retrieved my package and quickly returned the mail keys. The lady informed me that the night before my last (the night before it was delivered) the last tenants had moved out. She said to me that I was lucky that it was delivered when it was, since I may not have retrieved my package from the last tenants....

I opened my package and pulled out the final pieces to my hilt. I quickly screwed it all together to see what it looked like. As mentioned before, I had "agonized" over the length of the hilt as 14" is WAAAAAY too long for my personal tastes... With it all together, it does not look that bad.

I had ordered custom work on the BH, and at the last minute changed my mind and ordered a custom TCSS stand. Miracle of Miracles! I opened up my package and there it was!

The pieces had a paper film on them, that was super easy to peel off and ensured it came to me crystal clear with absolutely NO scratches

The stand was exactly what I was hoping for, and are VERY nice. The description in the store mentions using epoxy to secure the parts, i found that they were VERY snug and i had to work them to get it in. They will not be coming out without effort....

Of course I had to put my empty hilt on the stand for display purposes, and to show the two off First a closeup

Now a couple angle shots

On a final note, I PM'd the seller of the clamp to ask after my refund since he had promised on Thursday to overnight it to me on Friday. I did not receive anything on Saturday and so gave him until Monday for the benefit of the doubt. i still have not heard any reply as to what is going on with the payment. It has only been a couple weeks since my purchase and so I still have a couple left before my time is up to file a Paypal claim. Whether from the seller or from paypal, i will get my money back. Hopefully at that time a suitable replacement will present itself....

Stay tuned!

Sweeeeeeeeeeeet!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Very nice my friend.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php