Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dark purple blade

Default Dark purple blade

I'm having trouble finding the color I want and was thinking of using a rebel tri-star with 2 red and a royal blue. Has anyone tried this or am I just not looking in the right threads?

If you want a nice purple, you should consider the new LEDengin 10 W RGBs.

Properly set-up and they are more bright than the rebels and easier to use.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Just one red die will overpower the blue, so you have to resistor it.

2 reds would be worse.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

The tri-stars aren't very good, anyway. The beam is too wide and there are no good optics for it. Go for the LEDEngin 10W and customize it to get 2 or 3 blue dies and 1 red. The problem is that blue LEDs give off about half the mcd of a red and you have to make up for it otherwise.

Where can you customize a 10W? Can you post or PM me a link?

There is a simple math formula for Saber names.-----------------------To check out the sound fonts I've made:
    ((Force-Dark Side)xEnglish^awesome)/Force)xLanguage[X].---------http://www.youtube.com/user/DarthXusia1/videos
    Quote from mihunai----------------------------------------------------------If you are interested in any of them, please PM me.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

You can't unless you order 1000 pieces. Trust me, I checked. A lot.

The only LEDengin that allows you to configure multiple same color dice is the 40W RGBW, but there really isn't a good optics solution for it right now.

Tri-Rebels/Endors=suck. All the way around.

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

Quote Originally Posted by FenderBender View Post
    You can't unless you order 1000 pieces. Trust me, I checked. A lot.

The only LEDengin that allows you to configure multiple same color dice is the 40W RGBW, but there really isn't a good optics solution for it right now.
    Ah, that sucks. I thought you could get them customized without doing bulk orders.

Banned Sith Lord

you can run the red and blue off a 10 watt RGGB, or RGBA pretty easy. series will work. wire blue first as it will act as a resistor for the red. two 14500s will work.

parrallel will be better though. that way you can resistor the red better or better yet put a pot on it. get a perfect purple. this will run off 3.7 volts but if you can use a bigger battery like an 18650 to give yourself some better run time.

you can pretty much run a 10 watt almost or at full with a single 18650 if you wire all the dies in parrallel. its awesome. but be carefull on the solderpads. they do NOT like to be soldered to. its hard cuz there not pre tinned. i would suggest cleaning them before hand and use solder flux.

also the MHS heatsinks and lensholders will take minor modification to work with the 10 watts, ive found the 8.7 degree lens works the best but a 10 degree works to,.

PM me if you have any more questions.

Can the color be changed by resistors to make it a deep purple?
    I want the thing to look like a black light