Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Need help with my design

Default Need help with my design

Hello!
    Need someone to supervise my design.
    I'm looking for something as close as possible to Mace Windu's saber. For the moment I'm only buying the pieces for the hilt. It has many adapters to get the length I want. Also, I'm planning to buy some more pieces, so I can have several designs. Could anyone tell me if blade holder nş 19 has the same dimensions of the other holders? When I try to use it in MHS builder it appears oversized and in different colors. Had to photoshopped it for these pics.
    Well, here's my design. Thanx in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Welcome to the forums!

This desing would work. That bladeholder is the same size as the other ones. The builder will be updated soon, thats why it looks weird.

Good luck!

That looks cool. You have to flip the covertec clip. Thick side is toward the saber, thin side goes in the clip.
    Where are you putting the switch?

I think you need to realize that you have a lot of threaded area here. This will leave little space for switches & recharge ports.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunrider View Post
    I think you need to realize that you have a lot of threaded area here. This will leave little space for switches & recharge ports.
    Or no room. There is no area to mount anything aside from your covertec and maybe something small like a mini tactile switch. The Mace saber doesn't have much of a choke section at all so I'd get rid of that and have everything from under the grip to the blade holder as one piece. TCSS will also modify MHS parts for a reasonable fee. Maybe Tim can lathe the area of the "gold choke" to give more of the contour you're looking for and you won't have all that nasty thread. Plus it makes it every more unique when you have parts custom made or even altered/modified.

I appreciate very much your comments.
    Well, the thing is I'm only building the hilt. Maybe next time I will buy the pieces for the whole saber (blade, sound board, etc), but right now I'm unemployed and have a daughter so I cannot afford it.
    As for the choke section, I like it. I'm considering to put there some black o-rings. Maybe it would lose a bit the Windu saber feeling, but I think it will look good.
    What do you think?

You might have trouble ever getting more then an empty hilt out of this. You have two 1/4 inch areas where you can mount anything without hitting thread or you could mount a switch in the pommel.

The warning we're trying to give you is that mounting a switch on this at any point may not be possible with going through threads. This can be REALLY bad unless you lucky or never want separate the thread again. Mini tactile switches are the only thing I see working here except they only work with certain boards unless you know how to turn a momentary switch into a latching one. Or you could have switch in the pommel.

I you got rid of everything between the blade holder and the grip and used a longer body extention you'd reduce your stock MHS cost and maybe some custom work wouldn't cost much differently.

Not sure what you mean about the rings. I've always thought when you can't do an exact replica then make something inspired by the saber you like and go a bit more custom looking with it so it's your personal saber and not a copy.
    Last edited by Crystal Chambers; 07-21-2010 at 04:21 AM.

You can always save some threads using Blade Holder #13 as the pommel, as long as you´re going for looks only. Try that on the MHS Builder.

I like your idea of using the blade holder as a pommel, but will I still be able to put an MPS insert inside?. By the way, this is what I meant when I said I was thinking of putting some o-rings in the choke (see pic). They would be smaller than the ones TCSS sells, of course. And for the rest of the advices (switches, etc), this is my first saber and then is the economic situation, so I think this time I'll just order the pieces for the hilt even if I won't be able to turn it into a fully functioning saber in the future.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Furthest reaches of the Galaxy (Scotland)

The only problem with trying to use the o-rings like that, is that it would be near impossible as far as I can see to actually get the o-rings onto the choke due to the different diameters used on it