Thread: Rattling swing sensors

Default Rattling swing sensors

My 2010 anakin hasbro fx (with removeable blade) makes the clash sound as well as the swing sound when its swung (instead of making the clash sound only when its hit against something). I could hear something rattling inside so I decided to pull it apart since I intend to use the internals for a custom saber anyway. When I finally got it open the rattling turned out to be the swing sensors. So my question is: are they supposed to rattle? (my other sabers dont) and are the TCSS swing sensors compatiple with the 2010 boards? the sensor has "YUSAN SW-2000 R" written on it. Thanks.

Yes they are supposed to rattle. It's basically a ball in a tube.
    The TCSS sensors will work.

There is a simple math formula for Saber names.-----------------------To check out the sound fonts I've made:
    ((Force-Dark Side)xEnglish^awesome)/Force)xLanguage[X].---------http://www.youtube.com/user/DarthXusia1/videos
    Quote from mihunai----------------------------------------------------------If you are interested in any of them, please PM me.

The swing sensors in the store are compatible.

But they do rattle when the saber is off, there is a ball-bearing sensor inside them, so they rattle.

Oh and assembly/dis-assembly tutorial would be welcome!

Smile

Thanks, the dissassembly is pretty much the same as the tute already posted. the only difference is internals dont "just slide out", hasbro left plenty of burrs on the holes for the plastic to get stuck on, not to mention the glue!! The sound board is completely encased in its own cylinder which is FULLY glued. I had to cut down the seams wth a stanley knife and prize off the ends with a jewellers screwdriver. I was peaking while I was doing it, thinking I was going to break it but it all turned out ok. I meant to ask in my original post about the clash sensor as well. Is there a way to reduce the sensitivty (its going off all the time) or do I just need a new one?

Also, why dont my other sabers rattle?

Please use the "edit" button instead of posting twice.

I don't know, they might be a bit quieter, or they have different type of ball bearings. Or they could be accelometer-based.