Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Master Replicas LED Change

Thumbs up Master Replicas LED Change

Hello, please could someone tell me if i was to change a Luke LED strip with a Vader LED strip would the Luke now be red instead of blue. I know this sounds like a dumb dumb question, but im a NOOB!

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Rafalema View Post
    No point really. Just convert it with blue LED.
    OK, I shall just ignore that one, now can you please answer the question if its not too much trouble. Sorry, its just that i sell bits on ebay and someone wants to buy an LED strip from me, so will this work?
    Last edited by Darth Dastardly; 07-04-2010 at 02:34 PM.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Yes, the Luke would be red if you swapped it with a Vader strip. On the strip LEDs the color is in the LEDs theirselves.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Thumbs up Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyen Skytracker View Post
    Yes, the Luke would be red if you swapped it with a Vader strip. On the strip LEDs the color is in the LEDs theirselves.
    I appreciate that, i just wasnt sure if the colour had something to do with the electronics somewhere else.

Rhyen is right the colour is in the LEDs on MRs but FYI there is one exception in the MR Mace Windu which doesnt use purple LEDs but a coloured filter to attempt to create the purple hue...which is one reason its more of a wimpy mauve/lavender bluish in some of them.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I have never had or seen a Mace in person and was wondering how they made it purple. Thanks for the info.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Well sorry if I somehow insulted you.

Personally I see no point in it. LED Conversion is little bit more expensive, but more brighter, can withstand much more dueling, and I bet it's easier than switching the LED strip.

Currently there is no conversion kit for the luke ANH/ESB whichever it is, but with the Luke ROTJ Conversion kit and a little bit of creativity you can do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyen Skytracker View Post
    I have never had or seen a Mace in person and was wondering how they made it purple. Thanks for the info.
    Hello Rhyen, the mace windu has a blue LED strip inside which is a little duller than the rest, the strip is put inside a red plastic tube and then put inside the blade. This gives the effect of purple, Red and Blue= Purple

Quote Originally Posted by Rafalema View Post
    Well sorry if I somehow insulted you.

Personally I see no point in it. LED Conversion is little bit more expensive, but more brighter, can withstand much more dueling, and I bet it's easier than switching the LED strip.

Currently there is no conversion kit for the luke ANH/ESB whichever it is, but with the Luke ROTJ Conversion kit and a little bit of creativity you can do it.
    No offence taken mate, sorry for being a bit sharp, i just need the tenner from the LED strip asap
    The guy who bought it off me just wants his LEDs red instead of blue, just for show i would imagine. I have just realised something mind, the LED strip i sold doesnt have the clash sensor attached so he might need to do some modification there somewhere? Any ideas or feedback much appreciated. Matt
    Last edited by Lord Maul; 07-12-2010 at 12:51 PM.

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I will second what rafelma said- convert the saber to the color the "guy" wants.

Try asking him- give the perks, the little extra $$$, and the duelability factor...

See what he says.
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...