Thread: Graflex Question

Red face Graflex Question

First of all i'm new here (obviously) I look forward to getting to know you all

Secondly i've looked everywhere on here for this answer but i've found none so please forgive me if the answer was hiding in the cracks where a noob can't fit yet.

Thirdly, like many i would LOVE to have an Anakin/Luke Hilt for my dueling saber. So i've come to ask if the Replica Graflex hilt will fit the toughest dueling blade on this site? And will i be able to fit all the parts inside with ease? (sound, motion sensors, battery, Lux LED V)

Again sorry if this has been asked before but i just havent been able to find the answer..

Welcome to the forums!

First of all, what kind of soundboard you wish to use? Do you already have a Lux V LED? If you don't, you better get one somewhere quick because they are out of production.

If you install the 'Graflex Blade Holder' (from this store) to the replica, then you can put there any 1" blade you want.

There is 2 kinds of blades sold on this site. Corbin style, and TCSS style.

Corbin style means the blade (thinwall/thickwall) has film diffuser inside the polycarbonate tube.

TCSS style blade means that the blade (thinwall/thickwall) has a nylon tube inside it to diffuse the light.

Then of course, you can buy the blade supplies from here and make it yourself the way you want.

(If you have any further questions, please try Searching the forums first. If you can't find an answer, don't be afraid to ask.)

Thanks for such a speedy reply! =D

I've already gotten a blue Luxeon V luckily so that's not a problem. So all i'll need to do is buy THIS and fit it into THIS and i'm good to go with the TCSS blades? I can do all the other parts myself though i was just confused on putting a blade into the flash replica.

Thanks again =D

As long as the blade you want to use is 1" Outer Diameter blade, you're good to go.

Good luck, and please post pictures when finished.

I most certainly will! Thanks again for the info Rafalema! ^_^

Don't know if you've begun with your Graflex project yet but I wanted to give my 2 cents worth. First, I think you'll find there is a lot of room in the graflex for all your parts. Most people fit a small tactile switch under the red button(so when you press the red button it engages the tactile). That's not necessarily a difficult job but it does require some care. I noticed the Graflex LED blade holder is out of stock. If you want to wait that's fine. I can direct you to another source if you send me a pm though. Tearing down the Graflex to get it ready for conversion isn't difficult either. While you're ordering your Graflex from TCSS put in for a couple of the SPST momentary tactile switches too(short red plunger model).