Thread: Cheapest Saber Possible

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Cheapest Saber Possible

Okay guys I've been reading everything i can get my hands on. I've come across a bunch of budget threads. I think I have the solution (with sound even).
    The list:
    PVC Hilt- $10.00
    Retention Screw- 3.75
    Vampire a Force action Sound card from home- 0.00 or 16 at Walmart
    Seoul P4 with resistor and mom switch- 16.99
    Blade- 23.00
    Relay switch- 6.00
    premium speaker- 6
    ---------------------------
    Total- 64.75 or if buying the sound card 80.75

Let me know what you think. This is the cheapest I could possibly make. Leave any feedback. I think pvc is durable enough for average dueling and Jay-Gon Jin (sorry if i spelled it wrong) makes amazing pvc. The goal was a working
    dueling saber under 65 and I gor ir with a quarter to spare.
    Last edited by Jean-Louis; 06-12-2010 at 10:36 AM. Reason: Wrong totals

When 900 years old you reach... Look this good you will not- Yoda

Sounds good to me so far...

Oh, and it's Jay-Gon Jinn

And yes, the PVC will the durable enough for average dueling.
    Last edited by Rafalema; 06-12-2010 at 11:20 PM. Reason: This is not the reason you are looking for.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

you can dump the relay and it will be even cheaper.

The question I have is why?
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

At LDM: I just wanted to give everyone a budget option. I think it'd be a cool build. You need the relay with the buckpuck to run the soundcard. I think it takes more work if you run a resistor instead of a buckpuck and I'm not positive what else I'd need with the resistor.

What about batteries, battery holder, a heatsink, lens and lens holder? And, what's going to hold the speaker?

There is a simple math formula for Saber names.-----------------------To check out the sound fonts I've made:
    ((Force-Dark Side)xEnglish^awesome)/Force)xLanguage[X].---------http://www.youtube.com/user/DarthXusia1/videos
    Quote from mihunai----------------------------------------------------------If you are interested in any of them, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Xusia View Post
    What about batteries, battery holder, a heatsink, lens and lens holder? And, what's going to hold the speaker?
    Battery holder lens and lens holder are part of the Seoul p4 package. Heatsink is included in the pvc hilt price. I've found things that'd work at Lowe's. The speaker i mout in an open pommel, but thats just my taste.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Jean-Louis View Post
    At LDM: I just wanted to give everyone a budget option. I think it'd be a cool build. You need the relay with the buckpuck to run the soundcard. I think it takes more work if you run a resistor instead of a buckpuck and I'm not positive what else I'd need with the resistor.
    You don't need the relay or the buckpuck or a resistor. BTW, I am not guessing.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dottore Matto View Post
    You don't need the relay or the buckpuck or a resistor. BTW, I am not guessing.
    Well i have never seen a diagram on how to wire it without the relay and everyone complains about running the LED off the board. Also it gets much brighter with a relay. LDM obviously has more experience than me so I'll take his word.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafalema View Post
    Sounds good to me so far...

Oh, and it's Jay-Gon-Jinn
    Still not quite right...it's actually Jay-gon Jinn... And I wouldn't say those pvc sabers I built were amazing, there's a few others here that do truly amazing sabers using pvc.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.