Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What Is This Magic Smoke I Keep Hearing About?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Joke

The magic smoke is observed to come out of electronic components when overheated, often through exposure to an extreme electrical current usually caused by the application of excess voltage through some failure of the circuit. According to the joke, at their factories, manufacturers put a little bit of magic smoke into every electronic component and it is this smoke which makes the device work. In support of this joke, once the magic smoke has been released, the device lacks its key component and no longer works. The smoke thus can be thought of as an essential part in the device's function. It is also noted that once let out, the magic smoke cannot be put back in.
    In some variations of the joke, it is alleged that the major microchip production companies (especially the large microprocessor manufacturers) are involved in a conspiracy to keep the true nature of their products under wraps.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Wow...you guys managed to answer 1 of the 300 unanswered questions from LOST.
    Jedi Ronin. No Master, save the Force.

Quote Originally Posted by Et Kin Evenstar View Post
    Wow...you guys managed to answer 1 of the 300 unanswered questions from LOST.
    ROTFL You beat me to it.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

LOL I didn't even think of LOST. That does explain a lot doesn't it.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Th island is where all the released smoke goes to exact revenge on careless electronic handlers.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

It all makes perfect sense now. lol

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

And the mysterious unexplained "light" at the center of the island MUST be some sort of super LED!
    Jedi Ronin. No Master, save the Force.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

See, I knew it. I told my wife that is what is was and she didn't believe me. I think it is the next generation LEDs that have 40,000 lumens with only 3 Volts and 700 mA. lol

Default Magic Smoke

Ive herd of it before. No clue what it is?!?!