Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Basic Saber Build list of parts

I tried to get the parts together for a lightsaber on customsabershop but almost all of the blade holders are out of stock...what can I do about that?

Quote Originally Posted by greyfox View Post
    I tried to get the parts together for a lightsaber on customsabershop but almost all of the blade holders are out of stock...what can I do about that?
    Several were added back into stock today. You will just have to keep watching as items are produced, they'll be put into stock.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Thank you! Kinda makes me think that its hard to get all the parts in one delivery since many parts seem to be out of stock. Well i think I just have to keep an eye on it to find all the needed/desired parts to be in stock at the same time.

Jedi Padawan
    Sith Adept
    Jedi Padawan

Yup, its definitely all about patience nowadays with the super-increased demand recently

So, question. Would you recommend just making a list of all the parts you will need, and ordering them as they come back into stock, as opposed to waiting for the chance that all the parts you'll need happen to come into stock at once?
    That which does not kill us makes us stronger, faster, and far more deadly than before. Go and seek death my apprentice.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TRON1160 View Post
    So, question. Would you recommend just making a list of all the parts you will need, and ordering them as they come back into stock, as opposed to waiting for the chance that all the parts you'll need happen to come into stock at once?
    Welcome aboard.

Currently, I would recommend this. The holidays, all the way back to Halloween even, combined with the hype from the new film has had a significant impact on the hobby. You may be able to get most, but getting all parts at once is a long shot. Possible, but a long shot.

Hi there.. 'nother newbie to mollycoddle here!

I have no problem with patience, but I do take issue with adding international postage (UK) to every item I order separately, some of which I may later want to send back for work to be done. It could easily double the cost of the build.

We need a solution. I doubt Tim (It's Tim isn't it?) will want the headache of this, but ideally we need a labelled customer box kept in a dark and guarded vault at a secret location in which purchased parts can be left, and more added to it, until it's all ready to go in a single shipment. This would also mean that services could be added to already purchased parts sitting in said box (eg, I have a graflex blade holder in my box, and now my design has moved-along, I will need a hole drilling and tapping and then for it to be all powder-coated in transparent arse-biscuit gold please)

This would also enable people via the forums to help each other out easily. If i have the pommel you need and it's out of stock, but I won't be needing it for ages or was reconsidering the design, then a deal could be done.

I would suggest that there be a sell-back service to shop for a 10% fee.. so if someone changes their mind and wants to sell their brand-new but 2-month stored part back to TCSS, then they can, but TCSS takes a fee for not having the part available in stock in the meantime, and for the service of finding it in your pile and moving it back into stock. This could be quite a nice little earner actually, would soon encourage proper planning as people rapidly lose money by changing their mind too frequently.

The box could even be rented space: free for however long seems reasonable to accumulate most of a saber's basic bits, but $x per month thereafter and paid in advance, or it must be shipped. The shop might wish to waive this fee on occasion: "Dude, I have a customer who'se pestering my for a part you have in your box and I know you're a few weeks away from shipping it all.. feel like helping us out? Consider rental fees waived, and the part will be replaced in X days"

Thoughts?
    Last edited by TheBaconWizard; 01-22-2016 at 02:19 AM.

Jedi Padawan
    Sith Adept
    Jedi Padawan

Thats not a bad idea actually, just a headache like you said to manage

I just picked up an Acolyte hilt from Saberforge... and yes it took a long time to get to me ... but its very sweet. I am trying to figure out what parts I need to add an LED... and I can see not see a definitive list of parts (currently available) that will fit my saber hilt. If I buy an LED... do I have to get a heat sink? should I just buy the LED module and connect it to a buck buck? what about the off and odd switch? What about a wiring diagram?

Thanks in advance for direction...

Do you have the wire digagram for manor bascottie sound boars