Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: SOUND RESONENCE mount on a mhs choke

yay I got first view..I'm such a jonser. I heard of this board but didn't realise it was out yet.

Dude, im sorry/happy to tell you this.. but that isnt a Hyperdyne board.. from the vids you have played, thats a Crystal Focus board. Identified by the soundfonts you have played...

However, if indeed I am somehow wrong, then Hyper is a douche for stealing other peoples work *sound fonts and ya' know the SD card bit* and claiming the poor representation for himself, plus charging more than its worth.. Id use a hasbro toy board before going with that gear.

Got any pics of the board itself, so we can see if it is indeed a CF or a Hoover?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Yeah, those are definitely Crystal Focus sound fonts.

The Thrasher font was made by FenderBender.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

and Rain Sizzle was the other one, made by Novastar I believe...

Quote Originally Posted by Alcfalath View Post
    However, if indeed I am somehow wrong, then Hyper is a douche for stealing other peoples work *sound fonts and ya' know the SD card bit* and claiming the poor representation for himself, plus charging more than its worth.. Id use a hasbro toy board before going with that gear.
    Mongo may have installed the CF sound fonts on the SD card for the new Hyperdyne SD soundboard. He may have had to convert them from RAW to WAV first to make it work. Not sure on that one. Regardless, I seriously doubt that Hyperdyne is supplying CF made fonts with his own soundboard/SD card.... at least, I sure hope he isn't.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

Born and raised in Alaska-currently in Louisville,Ky

OK,
    HERE IS THE DEAL!
    This is a hyperdyne sd card [picture for proof} i tried to obtain a CF board,like most of you,but have been unsuccessful in my endeavors.for a year ive tried to get one,when Erv had them in October with ccard in hand i failed to buy one because they sold out in 1:45 i was bummed about it as most of you were.
    Lets face it the CF board is the Friggin bees nees of sound cards,but you almost have better luck winning the lottery than obtaining this board.ive been on FX Sabers and other forum boards looking for it, but with people selling their boards for outrageous prices any where from $400 to $1000,its imposable for me to pay that kind of cash,some people have deep pockets-mine are sown shut.
    But then,one night,i was online looking around as usual and STUMBLED upon the Hyperdyne site because i was curios about the Hyperblade.Ilooked at the purchase page and it showed sound cards were in stock,i read the pdf on the card,and thought --well that just might work for me,so i bought 2 of them.i used some of my rent money to buy them.
    They were not over priced.Each one was $105.
    Then i went to The Cutting Edge and purchased sound compendium 2 from Novastar, so ill say it again-THANK YOU TO NOVASTAR,FENDERBENDER,MADCOW.EASTERN57,AND EVERYONE ELSE FOR FANTASTIC WORK.
    Hyperdyne" DID NOT" ship this card with CF fonts,so calling him a DOUCHE is mean and hatefull.
    We are all part of a saber community,regardless of who made what,if a product is available that will suit my needs i will try to obtain it for my own use.
    I did convert the CF raw files to wav and re sampled them,not as much work as creating them,but it still took awhile.I added a deep thumping hum to the RAINSIZZLE font using Goldwave to kind of make it my own [in a sense}its been alot of fun playing with these sounds,that being said-If CF fonts converted back to wav work with Hypers SD sound card ,then it goes to show that we can all work together in harmony as a community of saber enthusiasts.
    Im not here to pass judgment,point fingers,or argue the fact of who made what first,I --DONT-- CARE,i just wanted a cool lightsaber.
    If you cant get what you want,you will find what you need and make it work!

I have made some sound fonts of my own including --evil dead sound font-transformers font-Friday font{featuring smokey}-Quagmire {family guy}font-Conan font-MY personal Star crusher font--my friend made a Galaxy blade font{star trek sounds}--and my own Bruce lee font.
    if you would like to have one of these just email me at dlr5000@yahoo.com and ill sent it to you,you can do with it what you want.Its all for fun.

I bought the sound cd from Novastar not only because his hard work on these but also to donate to his work with the community and kids {which is a big deal for me},so thank you Novastar
    peace
    MONGO
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mongo; 03-15-2010 at 02:48 PM.
    MONGO-[aka ALASKAN JEDI]

Where from hyperdyne didd you get this? At the first page, did you go to the custom electronics or hyperblade or what.... Cause I really would like to have this board.

Youngling

Might be the Hyperblade board from their site. They have a purchase link and some of their SD using boards are available. And you could bring over the various soundfonts using their software.
    "This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight. Not as clumsy or random as a blaster; an elegant weapon for a more civilized age."

Quote Originally Posted by mongo View Post
    Then i went to The Cutting Edge and purchased sound compendium 2 from Novastar, so ill say it again-THANK YOU TO NOVASTAR,FENDERBENDER,MADCOW.EASTERN57,AND EVERYONE ELSE FOR FANTASTIC WORK.
    You're welcome... I can certainly say--we all appreciate you taking the time to say thanks!

I did convert the CF raw files to wav and re sampled them,not as much work as creating them,but it still took awhile.
    Yup, as with almost all sounds out there, their "file types" can be changed to almost whatever you wish--usually with free tools. Any sound can be converted (pretty much) to another type... mp3 to wav... au to raw... snd to ogg... etc.

Mongo... I'm glad also that you made some of your own fonts! That is actually the whole point (as far as I'm concerned), and my CD#1 includes many video tutorials to help people get started on making fonts.

Umm, I WILL add though... I'm not fond of Hyperdyne--and this is mainly because of his *ethical* choices over the past years with the DIY saber community. I don't expect that everyone coming into the DIY saber community (in order to build/buy their own sabers) will come to understand all the trials, tribulations, feuds, and general issues that go on in the background... but it IS there, lol. You are also right to say, though, that sabers are meant to be FUN. It's very true.

In the end, the user/customer will make their own choices--educated about the "DIY saber building history" or not. Products can indeed be "mixed and matched"... and that is up to the user and their wiring/configuration.

I bought the sound cd from Novastar not only because his hard work on these but also to donate to his work with the community and kids {which is a big deal for me},so thank you Novastar
    peace
    MONGO
    Again, you're welcome.

Now... I haven't heard this entire "Sound Resonance on MHS choke", but yeah, maybe you can post a link to a video with the sound, I don't know.

I will say... it's actually nearly physically impossible to generate "true bass" (meaning ~60Hz) sounds with a saber hilt, since the amplitude of the sound waves are basically (quite!) larger than the ID and/or OD of most any saber hilt (1" to 1.6")...

...not to mention the speakers THEMSELVES need to also be larger enough in diameter to create a decently powered "bass" style wave...
    28mm speakers = 99% impossible to produce true bass no matter what (present technology)...
    36mm speakers = pretty similar to above, although maybe a bit better...
    45mm speakers = ok, you have SOME chance of getting a decent outcome, but still--60hz??? Good luck... yer gonna NEED it.

Finally... the quality of the speaker determines a lot too. Even a cruddy 45mm may not have "better bass" than a superiorly designed 36mm speaker. So... it's complicated. No matter how you slice it.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Born and raised in Alaska-currently in Louisville,Ky

Thats cool Nova,
    didnt know folks were a fuedin
    do me a favor put 28mm speaker on the flush side of the choke and let her rip
    it sounds great to me
    If youd like to hear some of the fonts i made let me know ill shoot em to ya

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVdyADe6O8g X1
    Last edited by mongo; 03-15-2010 at 05:34 PM.
    MONGO-[aka ALASKAN JEDI]