Page 23 of 91 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 73 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Electronic Lightsaber w/ DVD Tutorial

I can sympathise with you, I live in South Africa, Matt lives in Japan. So we don't have all the money in the world? Matt had to spend a small fortune even GETTING one of the 2010 boards.

Now... I think this thread has derailed enough. I've tried to stay out of your way, because some new guys get better and adjust to the forums. To name one would be AEWizard. At first he posted 2 threads asking the exact same question, but now he got forum savvy and I don't mind him any more.
    But if you want to stay here you are going to need to calm down a bit.

Thats all I'm going to say, even though I have a lot more to though.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

yer I over reacted to it. will endevour to think a lot more before posting. I always have more to say thats half my problem sorry again about that lol

would still love a definit answer on the diagram tho..im guessing it was right?

Thankyou skott for atleast still talking to me.

if someone can answer that question for me il be gone untill you see the finished-finished product in the gallery (the one ther now is how it used to look and had the vader board in it)

Yes I'm quite sure it is right. But I haven't wired one up.

But IMO if nobody pointed out anything, then I would guess it was right.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

cool I just tested it out of the saber and its working perfectly..I kept the speaker from the portable mp3 speaker box nad its way way louder than the original and thats with no surround yet

thanx skott.

Not trying to be rude here, but does it really matter if we have answered the same question many times? Some people that come here wanting a sick saber haven't really been to a forum before, and you have to admit, that as a n00b, it's kinda hard to navigate. And yeah you say "Well there is a vast ocean of knowledge here, and people need to help themselves! We don't like spoon feeding n00bz!" But it's the vast ocean of knowledge that makes it hard to navigate. There are TONS of pages on here for you to read over, sure. And you DO need to read and help yourself instead of relying on everyone for an answer, but some people simply just DO NOT find what they are looking for, and don't take the time to say "Hey guys, I searched but I couldnt find anything on this... How would I wire a recharge port?" but instead say, "How do I do this?" I Imagine it might get frustratiing, but remember. you all were n00bz once too. So, we shoudl try to be a little more understanding.
    Prepare for major PWNage.

If you need any help with anything, whatsoever, click here. This should help you.

Definition of n00b- Here.

that diagram is in the saber and just fully charged it with no problems consider that diagram proven

haha i used ur diagram vctrsone too cuz i dont understand how to use the recharge port with the kill key and ur solution sounded simpler, but i also put a fuse in there to make sure i didnt kill the board if i forgot to open the switch before charging, rather than buying a new board and rewiring it id rather blow a $2 fuse +<

haha great I was going to do that...I still could add the fuse as the switch is easy to get at..

check out my finished saber with the new board and that circuit running.
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ad.php?t=11076
    }---------------{
    ]-----------------"Fullmerge Benzin"----------------------------------------:Beware of the dark side:--------------------------------------- "Fierfek"--------------------------------[

haha looks sweet
    im a little worried tho cuz im using a led strip and i need around 3A to go to the blade and i dont know what type of transistor to put in which can handle the current,
    so does anyone know if the TIP125 is good for handling that current
    thanks~rogue

Quote Originally Posted by alreadyRogue View Post
    haha looks sweet
    im a little worried tho cuz im using a led strip and i need around 3A to go to the blade and i dont know what type of transistor to put in which can handle the current,
    so does anyone know if the TIP125 is good for handling that current
    thanks~rogue
    It seems none of us have had a chance to test it yet, but my not-so-educated guess is that the TIP125 is your best bet. No guarantees.

I just got hold of five 2010 boards (2 Obi-Wan, 2 Vader, 2 Anakin), but it will probably be weeks before I get around to playing with them.
    There's always a bigger fish.