Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Jay-gon Jinn's Chrome Saber 22 (CS-22)

Quote Originally Posted by Caine Drathul View Post
    Looks great, Jay. I love the purple with the PC and the chrome....now all they need to start doing is making those anti-vandal switches in purple. Your friend is going to have the best saber in the Legion!
    They do, actually. But unfortunately, they don't light up very well....well, at least the ring types don't....here's the dot style in purple:

This one happens to be a latching style, so I can't use in it on this saber, so I'll probably put it on CS-X or maybe the next brass saber I build.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Okay, so I thought I'd at least try out one of the ring-illuminated momentary's I have in purple, since my friend Jolly that will be taking ownership of this one liked the idea of a purple button. I dismantled the saber, and here's a comparison of the switches have:

Looks okay, right? well, there's one little problem....the led in the purple switch is rated for 12v, whereas the green one is rated for 3.3v:

In the above picture, I had the purple switch running off a 6 volt battery pack @ 5.4 volts, and the green one running off a 3 volt battery pack @ 2.6volts. Neither one had a resistor in the circuit.

I wasn't sure it was going to work wired to the Ultrasound 2.5 since it's led accent pads only provide around 2.5 volts, so I rigged up the soundboard with the saber dismantled, and checked it out:

I'm not impressed.....I can make this one work, but I'd have to wire it directly to the recharge port, and it will come on the instant the kill plug is pulled out, and it will stay on until the plug is re-inserted. Which seems like a waste to me, since the Ultrasound 2.5 is capable of running the green switch on the L2 pads to have it blink in "stand-by" mode. I might try getting one of the dot-style I posted above for it instead.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Yo Jay Gon, great stuff- as always! Love it man!

another compleatly awsome saber done by our very own jay-gon!!! awsome work man!

Awesome saber!

always fun to see these nice job
    ...YUP!

Jay,
    Great saber as usual! Are you using a 4AA rechargeable pack? If so, where did you get if from? I don't see it in the store.
    Thanks!
    Forgetful Jedi knight
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by forgetful jedi knight View Post
    Jay,
    Great saber as usual! Are you using a 4AA rechargeable pack? If so, where did you get if from? I don't see it in the store.
    Thanks!
    Forgetful Jedi knight
    Nope...just 4 regular AA's in the 4 AA holder sold in the store.

Thumbs up

nice and awesome saber really great!!!

Please don't post in really old threads. It is against forum rules. If you are really inclined to say to somebody that their saber is great, please PM them instead.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent