Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: some help with wiring plz:10w ledengin(green)cf4.1 +clash flash-shimmer!

Talking some help with wiring plz:10w ledengin(green)cf4.1 +clash flash-shimmer!

Hey guys!
    I am currently in the process of finishing a lightsaber similar to the one that madehatter made
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ead.php?t=6071

I have done the wiring for the main led/speaker/battery but I cannot decipher the clash flash/shimmer diagram : http://www.lucid-blue.com/buckpuck.gif

Can anyone make a diagram(would be extremely helpfull) or give me some info on how to connect everything and what kind of trimpot I need to use...

some info on the saber:
    cf4.1 /
    ledengin 10w green 4 dies 2s main+2s clash-shimmer /
    7.4 2600mAh 18650 li-ion battery pack with fuse /
    2 or 3 small leds for c.chamber /
    pr.speaker /
    2x power extenders /
    1x 1000buckpuck /
    2x vandal switches (main+aux)
    recharge port/kill plug

I hope I remembered everything

Thank you in advance
    Last edited by 8lade; 01-27-2009 at 10:57 AM.

bump...
    any tech wiz out there?some help plzzzz!
    cheers

Well the most help you are going to get is from madhatter's actual post. I can't imagine many other people besides him have done this yet. He had quite a bit of pictures and schematics on that post. If you haven't already I recommend digging through that post getting every detail you can.

cheers man!
    I have already done that(check the whole post), plus I have sent a msg to madhatter...and now I am waiting

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Let me take some time to digest what you've got. In the meantime, throw together a diagram of everything that you want to do - as best you can. That will certainly help anyone trying to help you. There's a lot there, and knowing what you want, and how you plan to go about it, will give us (me, at least) a better start point.

thanks eastern57!
    here is an attached drawing of the wiring.
    the left part of the picture is were I am having the problem.(it is the part of the wiring that is described in madhatter's thread which I attached too at the start of this post.
    have a look and tell me what you think
    cheers

PS:the two wires that are unamed are the shimmer and clash output of the cf.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Three things:

1. You don't need a Low Bat LED with Li-Ion 18650s. The power doesn't dwindle the same as NiMh, it's a pain to recalculate the low power point, and Li-Ions w/protection PCBs just cut out entirely when the power gets low enough.

2. There's a "GND" pad between the activation and low bat pads. It means "ground". Use that pad to wire your activation and AUX switches.

3. This is just what I took from Erv's manual - it's not hard to interpret because he spells out what to do based on the effect you want. Since you want the shimmer and clash effect (which is what the diagram is wired for) - it may not work the same way since all your emitters are the same color... the effect will just be brighter/dimmer. But if that's what you want - here it is.

Attached Images Attached Images

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Actually that was one of the V4 fixes to make the low-batt LED work for li-ions. Should be fine if you set it right.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Oh I stand corrected.

thanks Eastern57!I will try that tomorrow!
    The problem I had was understanding how and why madhatter was using 2 p.extenders with the ctr/ref lead of the buckpuck....
    thanks again