Thread: Accent LEDs and the visual learner

Default Accent LEDs and the visual learner

So I'm gonna be constructing a saber for my brother in law by weeks end. ::crosses fingers:: Of course since he isnt going to be the one doing the work he went with as many extra bells and whistles as possible. One of which being a "power on" accent LED above the activation switch.

His saber is going to have a basic resistor set up and a green LuxIII with the 4AAA battery holder. I did some browsing through the threads and it left me with a few questions..

1. Am I gonna need to try and fit another battery pack in there to run the accent led?
    1.a. If answer is yes what is the smallest battery I can run a red accent led off of

2. If I can run it off the main power supply could someone just give me a rough sketch of a wiring diagram (I'm a very visual learner and this would help incredibly)

Thanks in advance for any help
    wsoFB by Nathan Barnes, on Flickr

1. no you can use the 1 battery pack.
    2. There is a thread with this setup. I'll se if I can find it for you.

Edit: Here is the main basic LED Wiring setup.
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...hread.php?t=20

Here is the accent led added, you can do the same thing with the LED as with this EL set up. Just think of the Inverter as the LED. (it's the next to last diagram)
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...hread.php?t=13
    Last edited by DarthFender; 05-27-2008 at 08:51 AM.
    Darth Fender
    Sith Lord

You over estimate my FLOWERS!

thanks fender, I'm still searching myself too it's just I'm at work at a call center so I get like 45 secs to skim threads in between calls so it can be a long painstaking process.

Thanks again that helps alot..cheers!