Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: How strong is PC tubing

Default How strong is PC tubing

Has anyone thoroughly stress tested the pc tubing? What lengths has anyone taken to test thier durability?
    I noticed in the video that there is substantial weight tolerance, however that is more of a gradual stress as opposed to a harsh dueling impact? Ex. what we would see when 2 strapping lads were to duel with them? or if you hit it with a hammer or something to this effect, has anyone tested this? or something similar?

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

I am 6'1" and not as light weight as I used to be....but nevermind that....

Anyways, I have taken the PolyC that I sell and full force and I mean full force against concrete..notta
    full force against that corner my wooden workbench ended up with pieces of wood flying and a scuff mark on my PolyC

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

I also am 6'1" and I fight in the SCA, so believe me when I tell you I know how to use a sword. Anyway, me and a bunch of my SCA fighter buddies have dueled full force, full contact, with the intent to injure eac hother or break them. The best we could to is shatter one of the acrylic tips and put a crease in the middle of the blade. But mind you, that crease was only put there after beating the thing full force on everything we could find and about 10 people bending the thing over there knee giving it everything they had.

Cain

***It is now that we battle.When you die, await my arrival in the afterlife where we will battle again.Perhaps there you may have the ability to defeat me,but not here,not now,not this day.So let us part with words and embrace the blade.***

Thanks Guys, That was the kind of input i was looking for
    cheers

Has anyone else managed to crease this stuff? It took considerable effort and I dont want to think I am the only idiot who deliberately ruined a perfectly good blade just to see if it were possible to bend it in half[:I]? I know Tim and others have done extensive testing on the hit durability but I had heard little about bending it. After seeing what it took to crease it I know say with confidence that I believe, even under heavy, heavy duelling circumstances, these things will not disapoint! Tim sells a quality product here[]. Unlike MR's that will break, shatter, fly apart and otherwise send things flying (usually at your face, as if some last measure of spite[]) when you hit to hard with them. I mean come on, all we wanted was a product we could beat the hell out of our friends with without the usual loss of limbs, and occasionally hit our house, sidewalk, brick wall, or unlucky bystander with and not worry about it breaking and watching our $13 bucks go down the drain. $13 BUCKS MAN, thats like half a pizza!!![][][]

Cain

***It is now that we battle.When you die, await my arrival in the afterlife where we will battle again.Perhaps there you may have the ability to defeat me,but not here,not now,not this day.So let us part with words and embrace the blade.***

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by scaarmor
    $13 BUCKS MAN, thats like half a pizza!!![][][]
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Where are you buying pizza.[:0] In my town we have the 444 deal (like Pizza Huts 555, but better.[]). So that's three pizzas for me... I'm not sure breaking it is worth it.[]

<center>
    www.dewbackwing.com</center>

Yeah, good luck getting a good deal on anything in this two bit, pokmark on the ass of the world, village they call a town I live in...Nothing worse than a 3 mile town of people in cowboy hats asking "A, why ya'll dressed up in shinah plastics hittin people wit sticks n' such, dont it hurt?" YES IT FREAKIN HURTS!!! Thats why we do it! If you get hit in a spot that hurts you remember to block it the next time.*Huff-Huff* Sorry I didnt know that finding out X-wing got a better deal on pizza would send me off the deep end[:I].

Cain

I've actually done a hammer test. I've taken a piece of Polycarbonate tubing and laid it down on concrete and struck it full force against the concrete with the hammer. It dented, but would not break, even after repeated beatings. I figured that if it could withstand a hammer then that is more force that it would ever come up against. Basically if you aim to break this stuff it's not imposssible, everything has a breaking point, but if it can with stand a hammer then that's more force than it will ever come up against. Also, I personally use 1/16th wall polycarbonate tubing. I can only imagine the impact strength of 1/8 walled tubing.[]

Follow Your Bliss

I know the MR blades are thinner than 1/16", and I've seen the strength test but how do they stand up to dueling? Can you convert it and duel hard with it? Anyone broke theirs while dueling?

I'm 5'11" and 200 pound bodybuilder, and when me and my brother duel, after 5 minutes, whatever we were using is completely destroyed - does an MR blade have a chance?

I've duelled with the blades as well, and nothing, I repeat nothing in Martial Arts style fighting will hurt these blades, of course, I'm not Cain![]lol.

BTW Cain, I know how you feel. I come from Orange County, Ca and now I'm in Flagstaff, Az because of school and there is like nothing here. But at least it still isn't as bad as Prescott, I'm sorry Cain.[]