Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hasbro Sound Board Fuse

Default Hasbro Sound Board Fuse

<font color="purple">Hello All,
    I have information about finding a fuse for the hasbro sound board I blew the one on it.littlefuse carrries a fuse that works.</font id="purple">
    <font color="red">Update! 2/1/06</font id="red">
    I found a company that is sending me some samples of minifuses
    the only problem is if they are the right fuse minimum order is 1000 parts. If tim wants to stock them (hint hint)
    <font color="red">Update 2 2/15/06</font id="red">
    I got the fuses to day ... They are littlefuse part # 0674001 it is a 1A 250V 10mm so it is the same size as whats on the board. It works swell.
    More data At:http://www.littlefuse.com/data/en/Data_Sheets/674.pdf
    -Good luck

company website is on my profile

VIrus 692-
    Life Liberty and the prusuit of insainaity

Hello I had the same problem with my sound board, you will have a hard time finding the exact same size fuse, but what I did is go to my local electronic's shop and bought a bigger one with leads and just bent them to make it fit the board.

May the Force
    Be with You

Marc E.

This isn't about fuses, but I have had 2 Hasbro sound boards and I've hooked em up to the voltage reducaer like the diagram and both of them quit on me. I changed the fuses but now they don't work at all [!]. I was ready to smash a hole in the wall.

This happened to anyone else?

Protein5000 do you have pictures? if you replace the fuse you chance blowing the new fuse if you are useing too hot of soider..

VIrus 692-
    Life Liberty and the prusuit of insainaity

I have fuse clips so you solder the clips to the board and just unclip the fuese when you need to change them. All my wireing is correct, the biatch just doesn't work anymore. []

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Hmm... what exactly happens when the fuse goes? I was playing around with mine and it just wouldn't even make the sounds. I got intermittent flashes from the LED at the start then nothing at all. Now it doesn't do anything...[xx(] No smoke, no heat up or tell-tale pop... I'm confused.

<center>
    www.dewbackwing.com</center>

That the same as what happened to me Xwing - 2 of them. I dunno what it is - some might have better luck than others.

Less talk, more action........

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> Hmm... what exactly happens when the fuse goes? I was playing around with mine and it just wouldn't even make the sounds. I got intermittent flashes from the LED at the start then nothing at all. Now it doesn't do anything... No smoke, no heat up or tell-tale pop... I'm confused.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"> Pretty Much this is what happens when it is blown, I kept having problems with it blowing even thought no wires were shorting out so I bypassed it and now it works flawlessly, I had hooked up the Force Resonator to the Lamp(Negative Out) and I think the surge was causing it to blow.[?]

May the Force
    Be with You

Marc E.

Sorry Gforce, how did you bypass the fuse? I'm no electronics wiz so could you please explain what you did to fix it? Pic might help too, thanks heaps.

Less talk, more action........

Okay really easy just take a small piece of wire and about the same length as the fuse strip it at both ends and solider it to both ends on the blown fuse on the top side of the board. Or for a more permanent fix this is what I did I completely removed the fuse and soldered a wire in place of it.[] If you run in to any other problems feel free to E-Mail Me.

May the Force
    Be with You

Marc E.