Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: MR comparison?

Default MR comparison?

I am a prop builder and not a collector so I don't know much about these new MR FX sabers. I saw some at the mall today and think they look great but I could not try out the effects as there was no battery. is there a difference from say the Windu to the skywalker to the vader etc as far as how well the sounds and effects work? if i get one I plan on converting it to RGB LED but if there is a difference in the electronics i might get a different one for the sounds.

"Look at me! Judge me by my size do you? And well you do not! For my ally is the force, and a powerful ally it is!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I don't own one but I hear many don't like the Windu's sounds not too mention the purple blade is quite disappointing. They characterize the humming sound as too much of a growl. I don't mind either of the sounds on the Anakin or Vader.

I have yet to try a Luke RotJ, but I haven't heard anything bad.

<center>
    www.dewbackwing.com</center>

Council Member
    Sith Warrior

I have all 4 of them, and although Windu's color doesn't jump out at you the way the other Sabers do, the trade-off is that the hilt is the most elegant and realistic feel (weight) of all the Sabers.
    The Anakin, and Vader Sabers over-all look about the same quality, and richness of color wise.
    The Luke ROTJ looks quite alot like the movie, but not at the top of the hilt, but the richness of that saber totally reminds me of his in ROTJ, I keep picking that one up, and spinning it, and it does remind me of Luke's in the movie. However, the ROTJ hilt feels like your swinging a pencil around, it's noticably lighter than all the others.
    As far as the sounds go they're all kind of similar, but with some subtle differences. Windu's is kinda plain, where Anakin's is a little higher in pitch, and Luke's sounds more primative, like you would expect from a padawan home-made Saber. Vader's has a lot more of a fatter low pitch to it, like "all business".

i don't suppose anyone might know of a place online that you may be able to listen to the lightsaber sound effects, do they?

Council Member
    Sith Warrior

I don't know. Maybe when I get some time, I can post some soundbytes for you.[][][8D]

Ok I am confused.. I know Windu's Saber has different sound..
    However I have a Vader 2005 Saber and My Brother has a Anakin Saber.. I've never heard any other Anakin Sabers. However The sound on the Vader is different than the Anakin... Has anyone else noticed this? I am refering to the Woosh noise, you know the noise you hear when you swing the saber.. I can hear it clearly in the Vader where as the Anakin Saber is more quiter and harder to hear.. I want to convert them to Luxeons but if his is bad I want to tell him to send it to MR to get replaced... By the way I even tried new batteries.. No difference...
    Anyone else notice sound difference between the Vader and Anakin???

A roomate of mine had an anakin saber.....and i got my Vader saber....His sound was alot more clear, where as mine sound like low quality sound bytes. We came to the conclusion that mine has that sound b/c thats how it sounded in the original movies, and as technology has progressed, they've cleaned up the sound and anakin's sounds much better in the newer movies.....The sound difference was most noticable in the hum. We came to this conclusion b/c the MR sabers are advertised as having sound from the movies or something liek that so??????maybe it's for authenticity.

Weird! My Vader sounds so much better, than the Anakin.. The Anakin sounds like crap... It's almost like it is muffled.. It's not the speaker cause I tried the Vader one in it.. I hardly hear the woosh on the Anakin.. Should I have my brother send it back and get a new one??

I'm not saying my saber sounds crappy or anything like that, it just isn't as crisp as my friends anakin...as far as the swoosh, i really don't remember what his sounded like but man i dunno????

NooB1, I have 3 Vaders(2005), 2 Anakins(2005), 1 Vader(2002) and 1 Anakin(2002).
    The 2005 Vader has 4 sounds: p-u, p-d, whoosh and clash. The sounds are crisp, low pitched and clear.
    The 2002 Vader has the same sounds only they are not as sharp. They sound somehow....dirty, as in having static added

The 2002 Anakin is the EP2 version and it comes with the EL blade. The sounds are higher pitched and there seems to be no resonance box allotted for the speaker. The volume is low and the clash sensor hard to trigger. I don't have it handy right now (I am at work and the sabers are at home) to tell you exactly what sounds it puts out, but if I remember correctly it they are the same as the 2002 Vader.

The 2005 Anakin is an entirely different matter. It is loud and ...mean, but not as sharp as its Vader counterpart. It has p-u, p-d, 2 different whooshes and 3 or 4 different clash sounds - as in saber clash or blaster deflect. As I mentioned, there is a certain roughness to the "voice" of this saber.

To summarize, if sharpness and clarity is what you seek, then 2005 Vader should be your choice. If you are more interested in a module with a larger variety of sounds, all movie originated and you don’t mind a bit of roughness, then 2005 Anakin should be your choice.

I have a Mace I took apart and I should mention I did not care for the sound of it at all. I have never gotten my hands on the fairly new Luke, so I have no data there. Also keep in mind the state of the batteries is also a factor in how a saber sounds.

Born of Sith, seduced by the light.