Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Adding driver

Default Adding driver

Is it possible to add the Luxeon 3W driver to your saber hilt after you've already finished it? The reason I'm asking is because I want to make my own hilt pretty soon, but would like to buy the driver later, and add it. Having virtually no experience in electronics, I would like to know if this is possible.

are you just making it without any sound? just a straight led saber?
    shouldnt matter. if you get a driver later, im assuming you mean corbins driver, you simply take out what you have and wire up the driver in place. if you want sound, then you hook up the sound board to the 2nd momentary switch. it acts like a trigger for the driver. so when you activate the led the sound should come on too. you have to hold the 2nd switch down when you hit the first momentary switch. and i think you do the same when turning it off, correct me if im mistaken.

in short, i'd say yes you could do that.

Huh. Cool. What if I only wanted to use the flashing for clash effects? could I hook up one of those clash-sensors from a hasbro saber, and use only one switch?

the first momentary switch rund the clash and lockup effect. by, say swinging and hittin against another jedi's blade, you have to learn to time things right, you hit that switch and you get the clash/lockup/ shimmering effect. at least thats what i gather from reading up on corbins site. maybe you should check his site out and read a bit more on it there.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by LAN-ED-TUL

the first momentary switch rund the clash and lockup effect. by, say swinging and hittin against another jedi's blade, you have to learn to time things right, you hit that switch and you get the clash/lockup/ shimmering effect. at least thats what i gather from reading up on corbins site. maybe you should check his site out and read a bit more on it there.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Okay, but I was asking if it's possible to use only one switch if all I want the driver for is
    (1)Clash effects using a hasbro clash sensor
    (2)Power up/down effects.

not if you use corbins driver. you have to have 2 buttons to turn it on or off. one is held down while you hit the other both ways.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by LAN-ED-TUL

not if you use corbins driver. you have to have 2 buttons to turn it on or off. one is held down while you hit the other both ways.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Hmm. Are you sure you can't hook both wires up to the same switch?

i dont beleive so. but you could ask corbin or tim or even ultra. they would know for sure, but im thinking, NOT.

I have one of corbin's drivers and you don't have to have a second switch. If you go to his site http://www.youcanknow.org/corbin/ he has about 6 different diagrams on how to wire it up. If you use a hasbro sound board with the same power source and switch as the corbin board it should flash by it self.

well, according to every single wiring diagram he shows, it says 2 switches not 1. it says 1 switch is on/off and the other has to be held down to get the on/off switch to work. then hitting the 2nd switch gives you the clash/lockup effect.