Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Jay-gon Jinn's MHS Saber Project (MR sound w/ III red)

More pics as more parts arrive! I was thinking about getting the adhesive grips in the store to put on it. If i could come up with a way to mount a speaker, I might even add sound to this one.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Okay, I went to the hardware store on Monday and picked up a couple brass screws and a knurled nut:

I had to cut the screw down to the correct length, and drill & tap the hole in the nut to the correct size, but it works.
    Last edited by Jay-gon Jinn; 01-26-2009 at 07:01 PM.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

I also cleaned and polished the hilt using my Eagle-One Never-Dull polish wadding which removed a lot of the scratches it aquired during construction and snapped a couple more pics:

Last edited by Jay-gon Jinn; 01-26-2009 at 07:02 PM.

I pulled the EL wire out of my EL blade and popped it into the hilt:

It doesn't look too bad....

Here it is compared to my custom saber that now has an MR board and a K2 green Luxeon in it.

I'd like to replace the blade with another 3/4" thin-walled blade with Corbin's film, but I don't have any more blade tips for those.

Dude, that is cool!
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

Nice saber. When are the grips coming?

A Jedi gains power through understanding;
    a Sith gains understanding through power.
    Help me choose my Sith Sinktube Saber design!

Ryma Mara

ANy plans for expanding on the hilt? Looking good

I'm planning on adding some grips, just not sure what I want to go with yet.

Ryma Mara

I wander if theres a way to crimp a sinktube without compleatly deforming it and making it useless.