Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A Starkiller Inspired hilt.

Default A Starkiller Inspired hilt.

Hey everyone. I just finished this hilt today and I was to excited to wait until it was completely finished before posting. I love the way this hilt turned out. The rabbit ears are made out of 1/16" aluminum, & the grips are made out of wood trim that I found in a craft store. The grips are really comfortable. That piece on the bottom of the shroud is a piece of packing plastic that had wire wrapped around it to keep my kids toy in the box. I had a feeling it would make a good saber part. I'll have this one finished in about a month. I have to finish my cousins saber before I finish this one. This saber is going to get the other blue lux III that I have. I want to say thanks to Havok for introducing that new end cap. Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Darth Midian; 06-26-2010 at 03:11 PM.

Looks great. I can't tell, is the rest of the hilt made from PVC like your other sabers or a diffrent material? Love the Starkiller touches. Great job on the ears!
    Some may leave The Jedi Order; but few leave it alone.

That looks really good. Nice work.

that looks totally Awsome!!!! i can't wait to see it finnished!

Thank you guys. I really love this hilt. This is my favorite hilt to date. It's going to drive me nuts waiting to get it finished. Tahm this is all pvc except for the grips and ears. I also discovered the crazy glue makes a good plastic filler. It sands down nicely. I was planning on using my blue lux III, but I think I'm going to change it to a green p4.
    Last edited by Darth Midian; 06-27-2010 at 03:10 PM.

Youngling

...thanks for the shout out, glad I could bring some fresh ideas.

awesome saber.. love the sanded look!

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Man, I officially pronounce your PVC mastery. Although this is a nice hilt, it is still PVC. Time to play in the big pool now...seriously...build a metal saber. I have a feeling you may surprise yourself as to what you can do
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dottore Matto View Post
    Man, I officially pronounce your PVC mastery. Although this is a nice hilt, it is still PVC. Time to play in the big pool now...seriously...build a metal saber. I have a feeling you may surprise yourself as to what you can do
    Ditto above

Dude your PVC sabers are sooooo awesome, I bow to your offical PVC mastery. As usual a very nice saber, looks nothing like pvc.
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)

LDM, Sairon, Thank you, thank you very much. I do have an MHS saber on my drawing board. I have a Maul FX board for it. I just recieved red quartz for the crystal chamber. A week ago or so I ordered my first MHS piece, it's the ribbed extension. I had some custom work done to it along with powder coating. Actually this hilt I posted was more of a practice run for cutting a graflex shroud and making rabbit ears.
    I was wondering will pommel insert 6 fit inside of the ribbed extension? I've read that some members have used this insert for a chassis. I wasn't sure if the ID of the ribbed extension is smaller than the ID of the main bodies or pommels. I was just going to order insert 6 to see if it fits. I would like to use insert 6 for my crystal chamber. Thank you.